I had an interesting morning on Tuesday.

fyrstormer

Banned
The pictures tell it all.

CIMG5977.jpg

CIMG5978.jpg

CIMG5979.jpg

I knew they were living in the wall for a while, and I didn't really care (it's just a rental, and they weren't eating my food), but it took me a few days to realize they had gotten stuck and could no longer get out. The mother didn't survive, but the babies had plenty of energy when we finally dug them out. Hopefully they will find someplace more suitable to live now that the dryer vent they snuck in through has been replaced and sealed properly.

nbp

Flashaholic
Wow! Squirrels are pretty inventive, they'll get almost anywhere. Glad they are out if the wall and back outside where they belong. They are cute when they're little aren't they?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Squirrels are some of the most resourceful critters around
The little red squirrels have really taken over in my area, they are very sneaky & much more agile than the larger grey ones.

wish I could still use Imageshack, I have some pictures of baby racoons I walked right up to & took pictures of ~ way beyond cute!:)

fyrstormer

Banned
There's an adult albino running around my apartment complex, so I guess I know who the father is.

BTW, before someone busts me for picking up a wild animal with bare hands, the trick is to get hold of them quickly, before they become agitated. They're much less likely to bite on the first attempt vs. the tenth attempt. If you can't get hold of them in three attempts, give up and come back later.

fyrstormer

Banned
Wow! Squirrels are pretty inventive, they'll get almost anywhere. Glad they are out if the wall and back outside where they belong. They are cute when they're little aren't they?
They're cute when they're adults, too. Back during the Great Acorn Famine of 2008, I had several squirrels beg food off me. One approached me while I was exiting a Boardwalk Fries restaurant, so I handed it a fry, half-expecting it to run away, but it grabbed the fry from my hand and ran over to a nearby flower pot to eat it.

There was one back in college who stole one of my cookies, though. That kind of annoyed me. What is a squirrel going to do with a chocolate-chip cookie several times bigger than its head, anyway?