G2 drop in LED with long life and moderate output?

heckboy

Enlightened
I've got 3 G2s to retrofit. I've been tracking down all the threads that mention G2 LED drop-ins. It seems that most of the interest is in high powered drop-ins. I'd like a more moderate LED in the range of 45-80 lumens (SF lumens that is) with the attendant long run time. I'd also like to find this from a supplier that is known to make solid products since I've noticed reports from CPFers about poor reliability with some of the drop-ins.

Has anyone run across one that does this? As if I don't already enough constraints I'd like to find something for no more than around $30. Any more than that and I'll just sell the G2s and buy G2Ls.

All the constraints are because these are emergency lights. When we need them we really need them to work. Hopefully not for long but I don't want to make any assumptions. The extended run times from LEDs compared to P60 are what's attracting me.

TIA,
HB

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait for SureFire to start selling the P60L lamp assembly by itself, then get those. They are designed for long life over output.

heckboy

Enlightened
Yeah, I know that's going to happen sooner or later. Maybe that's why no third parties are doing up the long run time option.

I can wait.

Later,
HB