Thumbs Up For Pelican C/S!

djblank87

Enlightened
Hey guys after reading every post about the 7060 I went out and bought one and have had it for over a month or two now.

Most peoples post in here stated the the 7060 gave them a white beam when using the light. Mine on the other hand is purple/blue and it is really an ugly beam.

I sent an email to Pelican on there website regarding this issue and received a email back within 24 hours.

It stated that they are very sorry to hear that and they will send me a new LED emitter and if that doesn't work they will pay for shipping back to Pelican and repair the light or send me a brand new one. They also stated the beam should be white and not blue/purple.

This is really great customer service and I have only received the same service when dealing with Surefire.

Great job Pelican :thumbsup:, I hope everyone else has got the same service as I have.

Last edited:

Supernam

Enlightened
Remember that "white" is quite relative in this context. A "white" led will always be green/blue/purple compared to daylight or incandescents. So what you consider blue may be white to Pelican. Just as when you buy a Surefire A2 with "white" leds, it turns out to be angry blue.

djblank87

Enlightened
Remember that "white" is quite relative in this context. A "white" led will always be green/blue/purple compared to daylight or incandescents. So what you consider blue may be white to Pelican. Just as when you buy a Surefire A2 with "white" leds, it turns out to be angry blue.

Yes, that is very true, I made sure I explained this to the people at Pelican and they kept stating there should be no blue/purple tint at all. Which on my end I do know this to be a little extreme cause all LED's will, like you said, have a cetian tint to them.

I will see what happens when I get the new emitter and if it helps the tint color to my eye that would be great if not then I'll just have to deal with it.