Will AW fit in Fenix P3D Q5

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
I`ve never met AW, but I guess he would be too big to fit inside a P3D. You would probably get arrested for trying. :laughing:

j3bnl

Enlightened
Last edited:

M.S

Enlightened
Old blue ones do fit, if you remove the sticker, but they are bit hard to get out. New black ones are supposed to be a bit smaller...

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Been using AW's RCR123's (Black with label) just fine in my P3D R100. They drop in and spill out easily.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to own a P3D, and the black protected AW's 750mah R123a do fit nicely. I am sure Fenix uses the same bodies on the upgraded P3D Q5's so it should not be a problem......

chakrawal

Enlightened
Just tried 20 of P3D Q5 and found out that you have to insert AW protected from the head of the Flashlight. Very tight fit from the tail.

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
I just got a P3D Q5 (new olive finish - quite nice!) and the Fenix Store is selling the AW cells & chargers, so I ordered it all through them. The new AW 123s fit perfectly, slip in & out, no rattle.

Charger makes a very slight whine, which I hope is normal. The LEDs flashed every few seconds, as noted in the dealer's thread, so I guess it's all good.