WF-600 is driven by a resistor.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Hey guys, I just want to make it clear that the 18650 version is driven by just a resistor and nothing more. I opened up the light and that's what I found in there. Just trying to give you guys a heads up beforehand.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Do you have the 18650 only version? I opened mine up and found only a resistor where there should have been a driver.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes mine is SKU 6951 WF-600 Q2 18650.
I have WF-400 both version, WF-800 dan WF-600 all of the have driver on it. I am wondering why is it your WF-600 is using just a resistor?

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Man that is weird. How many amps is your WF600 pulling from the battery? With a battery at about 4.1V open voltage, mine pulled about .7amps from the battery. But now with a new driver I just put in, it draws 1amp

Yenster

Newly Enlightened
Man that is weird. How many amps is your WF600 pulling from the battery? With a battery at about 4.1V open voltage, mine pulled about .7amps from the battery. But now with a new driver I just put in, it draws 1amp

That doesn't seem weird at all. The amount of current from the battery is very dependant on the driver. Actually, if you had removed that original resistor (what was the resistance anyway?), and shorted that connection for a true direct drive, you probably would have seen around 1.7 amps...but that would have been too much for the LED and heatsink to handle. Which driver are you using now?

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Oh I just meant that it was weird that some people had drivers in theirs and none in mine.

That doesn't seem weird at all. The amount of current from the battery is very dependant on the driver. Actually, if you had removed that original resistor (what was the resistance anyway?), and shorted that connection for a true direct drive, you probably would have seen around 1.7 amps...but that would have been too much for the LED and heatsink to handle. Which driver are you using now?

Yenster

Newly Enlightened
BTW...I had ordered the WF-600 18650 Only version from DX, but I received the 'Multi-Power 3.6 - 9V' version (which isn't even listed on their site). It didn't seem very bright with the 18650 battery so I sent it back for a refund.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast

My WF-600 sold to a friend, i cant do any measurement.