Surefire LED Torch with the best Throw?

steerpike999

Newly Enlightened
HI There, I am new to this Forum, have been lurking for a while and recently purchased a Surefire L4. WOW what a wall of light!!
Anyway, I was wondering which of Surefire's LED range has the greatest throw? I was interested in a tight beam that has a long reach / throw.
Thanks for any replies in advance.

Cheers
Steerpike

Greg G

Enlightened
I've had 2 L5's (still have one). If it's *throw* you're after, look outside Surefire.

I recently bought a Tiablo A9 that blows away my Lux V L5.

An R2 Cree from Cutter is going into the L5.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had 2 L5's (still have one). If it's *throw* you're after, look outside Surefire.

I recently bought a Tiablo A9 that blows away my Lux V L5.

An R2 Cree from Cutter is going into the L5.
Of course the Tiablo is a better thrower. It uses the brightest emitter from Cree sitting at the bottom of a huge reflector, there is no contest.

Greg G

Enlightened
I hope that I didn't come across as a troll, but as one who has bought both.

I think Surefire could put more into the performance aspect of its product. Those of us that pay the premium think we are buying the best, but it isn't always the case.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you don't mind moving away from Surefires, there are many better throwers in the market at a similar or cheaper price and comparable build quality. One of the best being the Dereelight DBS with the Q5 module.

:welcome:

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Out of all the LED lights Surefire makes, the new L1 has the tightest beam, and excellent throw. Some people dont like it because it's beam is too tight to use up close but it is truly a pocket spotlight.