Newbie question about Aspheric setup.

Ottawa411

Newly Enlightened
I bought an aspherical mag from Ledean that I love. I was curious if anyone knew if it was possible to make a similar light using several (4?) Rebels packed close together to make an even brighter version of the same light? Do these Leds ever come with 4 of them on the same board? Is this even possible? I don't know if the lens will even allow the leds to be spread out so please forgive my ignorance. I tried to look and couldn't find it answered elsewhere.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
The Luxeon Endor Star. The Sandwich Shoppe also has this star that holds 7 Rebels.

I've been wondering the same thing about an aspheric M@G with multiple emitters. I think the answer is to use some other lens between the emitters and the ashperic to funnel the light from all the emitters into a single beam and then have the aspheric lens launch that beam. I don't know much about lenses though so I don't know exactly what is needed to do this.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is that an aspheric would focus 3 distorted hotspots since none are in the exact center.

Ottawa411

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll look a bit closer at these rebel setups.