LiteFlux LF2: Does anyone use the LOWEST intensity setting?

osalsa

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorite things about the LF2 is its ablility to produce a very small amount of light. Sometimes less is more! Like when I have to get dressed for work before dawn and my wife is still asleep. Candle mode is perfect. Or in the tent at night while camping. That small amount of light is plenty in a dark place. Not to mention the incredible runtime in low mode. I wonder if I am the only one who appreciates this feature of the LF2...?

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do. I have mine programmed for the lowest intensity for position one, and max for position two.

The ability to program a super-low low level was a big selling point for me, and many others I suspect. This little light is in my top three favorite lights of all time... I love it!

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do. I have mine programmed for the lowest intensity for position one, and max for position two.
I've done the same thing. In true darkness, it's enough light to light up a whole footpath, yet not so much light that it bothers others. In general (indoor, city use) It's great for reading up close -- which most of my other lights are poorly suited for.

In the past I used to use a L0D-CE with 10440, and carry a separate coin cell light with a frosted lens to serve as a floody "low" mode. Having both on the LF2 though is much more elegant. There's also peace of mind in that the LF2 has voltage protection (on low modes on the L0D, it was difficult to tell when the 10440 battery was being overdischarged).

fasuto

Enlightened
I do. I have mine programmed for the lowest intensity for position one, and max for position two

Same here, I mainly use P1 with the ultra low and the user programmable at 50% but I like to have max easily available.

In other variable brightness lights I miss a ultra low like this, only my resistored Fenix L1P, and emilion's VB-16 have similar low.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I use the low mode a lot as well. In fact, when I set it on a tent floor as a locator beacon (strobe with lowest output possible, longest off time possible, shortest on time possible) and attached the diffuser cap, it was so bright I had to hide it behind some packs to reduce glare.

moon lander

Enlightened
Yep, I use the low mode a lot as well. In fact, when I set it on a tent floor as a locator beacon (strobe with lowest output possible, longest off time possible, shortest on time possible) and attached the diffuser cap, it was so bright I had to hide it behind some packs to reduce glare.

I wonder what kind of runtime that mode would get...

i use P1 as medium, P2 max and SWX2 gets me to user adjustable mode which is set to the lowest mode. i use that for reading.

as an edc, this is my absolute favorite light, even including those that i dont own.

osalsa

Newly Enlightened
The early LF2 with a Cree emitter was runtime tested at low-low with a Li-ion, I believe. It ran for a week.

83Venture

Enlightened
I have mine set for lowest on P1, around 30% for p2. 50% is default on adjustable or let it ramp up to desired level. Used the diffuser this weekend while camping. On low it made a nice night-light in the camper. :)

Gatsby

Enlightened
I have an LF5 (LF2 hopefully on the way I like them so much) and use it on what is about 2% in P1, 40% in P2 and keep SW2 in 100%. I rarely use the 100%. These values may change since I've acquired some 14500s to use and that will up the output some.

The low low setting was, along with the ease of not using strobe or sos, instrumental in my buying decision. I use the lowest setting on my HDS B42 often, and have my Jil JCR2 IT flupic set to I think level 2 as the first level.

mousehunter

Newly Enlightened
I really like the option - and am looking for an edc. Any hints on the best sources for these lights. Right now I am reviewing all possible threads, but it takes time...

Gatsby

Enlightened
I really like the option - and am looking for an edc. Any hints on the best sources for these lights. Right now I am reviewing all possible threads, but it takes time...

I just picked up an LF2 to go with my LF5. They are well conceived lights - check out Netkidz and Virens reviews. As for purchase points, I got mine used but in the dealer forum LED Cool (Khoo) is the direct purchase point for the Liteflux lights - with a good and reliable reputation.

osalsa

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine from the factory, but when I had a problem, I contacted Khoo(LED Cool on CPF) and he was great to work with. I recommend buying from Khoo.