Any way to mod L2D to run off an external power source?

Enlightened
I have a couple of L2Ds that I am using for caving. I currently have the mounted to my helmet along with my apex. The problem is that all these lights and the 8 AA batteries really puts a strain on my neck. I would like to find a way to mod the lights to run off some sort of external battery back. The Apex is easy, it's just a matter of extending the cord. The L2Ds I'm no so sure about. Whatever I do can't be permanent, I need to be able to remove them and use them as handheld if needed. The only thing I could think of would be to try to get another compatible body and switch (or even just a body), maybe for an L1D, and attach the leads from the battery pack to a dummy cell installed into it with some sort of silicone to seal the hole around the wire.

Meduza

Enlightened
A spare body is enough, you can even cut it down to just a few cm, insert a dummy cell made of a copper rod that you have soldered a wire to, attach the other wire to the aluminium body and fill the rest of the body with epoxy.

Enlightened
A spare body is enough, you can even cut it down to just a few cm, insert a dummy cell made of a copper rod that you have soldered a wire to, attach the other wire to the aluminium body and fill the rest of the body with epoxy.

Something like that is what I was thinking. So normally the body of the light is connected directly to the negative terminal of the battery to complete the connection then?

Where would be the least expensive source for a spare body for them? BST forum? It's definitely the wearing of 8 AA batteries on my head that's killing me. :)

copperfox

Enlightened
It's definitely the wearing of 8 AA batteries on my head that's killing me. :)

HAHAHa, I just had a mental image of Hellraiser's face, but instead of nails, he's got eneloops sticking out of his face.

:crackup: