Jetbeam jet-1 Mk II R runtimes?

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
Ji I've just received my new Mk IIR but I can't find any threads on runtimes. Has anyone done it yet? Got a link? (can't find any using the search)

cheers!

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
Well to answer my own question it just ran for about 1 hour 10 mins on max visually (using one AA hybrio). It conked out altogether after 1 hour 25 mins (led still on but no light emitted). (No light measurement equipment).

I'm comparing it directly with lumapower m3 now to see which lasts longer.

It is occasionally flickering which is a bit annoying. Almost as if it has a poor connection (like on your car or whatever when you have a slightly dodgy connection).

It got pretty warm on max, but not too hot to hold.

Last edited:

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
Well after 1 hour 15 mins the jetbeam is down to 30% -ish while the m3 is still going strong

1 hour 30 the jetbeam's had it.

(M3 diminished but still usable. 1.50 m3 gone too)

Just tried them both on 'low' (in daily mode).

the jetbeam lasted between 5 hours and 17 hours (don't know exactly!) while the M3 is still going after 17 hours...
I put them on last night for 5 hours. Went to bed with them off, got up & switched them on and went to work and when I got home the jetbeam was dead but the M3 still going. (Both 1 AA eneloop battery). That's why I don't know exactly. I will try again to find out an exact time.

On low the jetbeam was brighter however, which would explain the lower runtime.

Last edited:

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
:D

the M3 definitely lasts longer! With not much apparent difference in max brightness.