Suggestions for simple 2 stage Mag

acourvil

Enlightened
I'd like a very simple two stage (low-high) Mag, preferably using the stock switch (modification o.k.) for a multiple emitter (probably 3 Cree) build. Any ideas for a simple way to do this?

mr45acp2u

Newly Enlightened
I will be using the maxflex driver do do this. The switch is modded to momentary and the driver has a control to allow different output levels. Has more that the high low you were looking for.

The other way would be to place a resistor in the power wire connected to a switch, on for full, resistance for low.

You can find threads where a potentiometer has been installed in the + wire for full varialble briteness.

mr45acp2u

acourvil

Enlightened
I haven't used a maxflex before, but in looking at it, I got the impression that it has a small but constant current draw. I'd rather have something that would not drain the batteries if it sits unused from a long period of time.

I have done a 5 Cree Mag with a shark and potentiometer. It works great, but I want to do a couple of lights for other people and want the maintenance and operation to be as simple as possible.