TerraLUX drop in for Magcharger

Hobbit712

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried this newest version of the TerraLUX drop in? I have a Magcharger in my car for work. I love the light but thought about this drop in for longer run time. I am wondering if I will lose some of the throw by going with this option. I tried searching for a direct answer before posting this but I am not sure if the information I found was about this latest drop in.

As a newbie, I am still very lost when it come to all the numbers and letters you guys use when it come to lights. i.e. model numbers, LED versions, etc.

Here is a link to the drop in from Battery Junction.

http://batteryjunction.com/tetl3waluwhl.html

Hobbit712

Newly Enlightened
lil bump......come on someone has to have tried this version. Right? :wave:

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened
I bought the "latest" cree version and was not really what i was looking for. Don't get me wrong it is very bright and has a long run time as opposed to stock, but it was the optics that just didn't do it for me.

The optic, used alone, is bright but has a large donut hole in the middle. It comes with a snap on difuser that really makes the beam beatiful but makes the light appear less bright and widens the beam from IIRC 6* to 8* (more side spill and less throw).

If this package had another 50 - 75 lumes I would buy a bunch for all the friends for christmass. I was mildy dissapointed because i have smaller lights that throw more, with better beam quality, obviously less run time though.

I looked for a better optic to use but came up short. Maybe someone else could chime in.

That's just my 2 cents.

Bill
Massachusetts