What's the best thing to buy-E2E w/KL1or E1E w/KL1

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
What\'s the best thing to buy-E2E w/KL1or E1E w/KL1

Please help me with advice - I want to buy one of those and need to know which one is better and a good online store that can ship to Israel.
Thanks.
Michael

Spectre

Newly Enlightened
Re: What\'s the best thing to buy-E2E w/KL1or E1E w/KL1

I have 2 KL1s and both E1 and E2. For EDC I use the E1/KL1 combination because of the size. With this combination it is comfortable to have it in my trouser pockets. The E2/KL1 combination is bit large, but if you are going to wear it in a belt pouch, jacket or backpack then that wont be a problem.
Batterywize the E2/KL1 combination is better, since this combo gives you more than double the runtime of E1/KL1 combination (This is because of the regulation circuit, two batteries stay longer above the minimum required regulation voltage than one battery does).
The light output level is the same with both combinations, the only difference is runtime.

SUREFARC

Enlightened

Michael, if you want sth real compact then go with the E1E /KL1 combo. If you look forward to the KL4 which is freeeeaking cool, you'd better go with the E2E w/KL1.

Blikbok

Enlightened

It depends. I got the E1/Kl1 first, and it's always with me in my pocket. I haven't used the incandescent option in months.

I got an E2e recently, and I find the shape better for holding than the E1. Plus the incandescent option is much more compelling than the E1. The E2e is a nice option between my E1 and the C3. I can just clip it in a pocket for a bit with little fuss. I was honestly surprised at the small size of the E2.

The cost difference is so small right now, I'd recommend the E2e/KL1 first, then see if you can find an old E1 (no pocket clip) to dedicate to the Kl1 head. IMHO, the E2e is the must-have light, and the E1 is a nice addition.