T-1 just arrived !!

Saiga

Enlightened
.....48 hours, not bad for free shipping !! i haven't done anything but install the included panasonics,turn it on and look directly into the beam !!
never claimed to be a rocket scientist !!
i'll let our more qualified members do a proper review..........:wave:

LEDHerb

Newly Enlightened
I'm new here....

Can you give us any kind of physical description or comparison of build quality to any other lights you own?

Thanks,

Herb

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....48 hours, not bad for free shipping !! i haven't done anything but install the included panasonics,turn it on and look directly into the beam !!
never claimed to be a rocket scientist !!
i'll let our more qualified members do a proper review..........:wave:

Naw, man - let us have it your impressions, after you can see again! One of the questions I've had is, does this thing have any levels other than turbo and general?

Saiga

Enlightened
yeah, first off, it does feel as advertised " solid as a tank" yet not uncomfortably heavy. the knurling around the center is too smooth, barely noticable at all. the anodising is flawless as are the threads. no metal shavings or any crap like that. the O-rings appear lightly lubed already.i just tail-stood it, and it's surpisingly stable, considering the end tapers and has only 3 prongs. the clip does rub the body when shifting the head, you can actually hear it grinding and clicking over the knurling. i'd say you definately want to pull it away from the body when changing modes. i took it into a dark bathroom and shined it on the cieling. it had IMO lots of spill, and kind of a dark ring around the hotspot. ther's no sound from the batteries when shaken,they fit inside very well. the color to my eye looks like an odd mix of brown and green,yet not quite either, alot like the color of the water on the jersey shore !!! ( haha) keep in mind i'm far from one of the forum gurus, these are just my novice impressions, your mileage may vary, as the saying goes. i hope this was usefull.
EDIT,,,,no,mike, just the two modes,which i very much like. it was a major factor in my getting one. and sorry, i don't have a camera, but rest assured, they'll be photos a-plenty shortly !!

Last edited:

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine today too. Looks good, appears very solid. The clip does scrape a bit when turning the head but you only need to turn it just slightly to shift into turbo mode so I don't see it as a problem. Now, just waiting for night so I can give it a workout. This is going to be a Christmas present for my 13yo daughter. This thing looks tough enough to stand up to any abuse she can give it.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine today too. Looks good, appears very solid. The clip does scrape a bit when turning the head but you only need to turn it just slightly to shift into turbo mode so I don't see it as a problem. Now, just waiting for night so I can give it a workout. This is going to be a Christmas present for my 13yo daughter. This thing looks tough enough to stand up to any abuse she can give it.

If I had a 13 year old I'd give her a plastic energizer, not a $70 light. :faint:

roymail

Enlightened
Just took a look at the Fenix Tactical website info on the T-1... very nice light! It looks like very high quality build. Being pretty new around here, I don't own any 123A lights... just AA's. But, that's one I'd like to have. Hope you enjoy it.

raytracer

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine today too!

Sorry, no camera but here are some initial impressions:

It's got an OP reflector. Quick flashes in my basement (which still has some outside light) show a nice smooth beam with a hotspot in the center. I'll have to wait for dark for some good long range white wall hunting.

It's quite noticeably brighter than my L2DCE and, even with the cool/warm comparison of LED vs. Xenon, it beats my poor Surefire A2 like a rented mule.

Fit and finish is superb. Dare I say nearly Surefire in quality? Anodizing doesn't quite have that chalky, crispy feel I'm used to in Type III HA, but I'm not going to scratch test mine to verify whether it is or not. It looks quite tough enough for me. Anodizing looks more of a bronz-ish color than "olive" to me. Very attractive, although I'd prefer black.

It comes with a very nice belt holster that includes a velcro secured flap and has a fixed belt slot plus a velcro slot for easy on/off or to mount on other gear. It rides bezel up which makes sense given the big 'ol head on the thing. It also has a lanyard, spare "O" rings and a replacement switchcap.

The clip does indeed rub a bit when adjusting the bezel, but I don't expect it to be a big issue. More of a "Doh!" engineering moment than anything else.

As others have mentioned, the tail switch doesn't protrude like you would expect on a light marketed as "tactical", but given that it's designed to be a field replaceable part, I expect some enterprising CPF'er to develop a replacement switchcap that sticks out a little farther.

For you shooters: the body doesn't lend itself well to the Surefire/Rogers technique, especially with the aforementioned big 'ol head. I prefer to use the Harries method anyway so that's not an issue for me. Even though the switch is flush with the tailcap, it's easily accessed through one of the tailcap crennelations. This is another preventative to the Roger's method of operation though. The switch functions smoothly, with a fair amount of play in momentary mode before it latches on.

I've got a lowlight class on 12/8 - I'll give it a thorough workout then and see how it does.

At first blush, I'm really very impressed with the T1. If it performs like I expect it might, I might finally switch over to LED for a tactical light.

Joe

djblank87

Enlightened
I have to ask if anyone has a cell phone?

Almost all cell phones have cameras and you can post them in here by taking the picture, saving it to your album, login in online with you companies website and then putting up here.

I know it's a pain to get pictures up for the masses I would like to see it but if no one can't that of course is ok. I guess I would like to see real world beam shots is all.

Hell I guess I will just order one :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

raytracer

Newly Enlightened
I have a camera phone, but the quality is so horrendous you'd be better served if I gave you a crayon on napkin rendition of the light's output.

Joe

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
"If I had a 13 year old I'd give her a plastic energizer, not a $70 light."

She's way past the plastic energizer stage. Her latest light is an Inova T2 which replaced an Inova T5. She wants something brighter and with more runtime. And she's been eyeing my Novatac 120T !

djblank87

Enlightened
I have a camera phone, but the quality is so horrendous you'd be better served if I gave you a crayon on napkin rendition of the light's output.

Joe

I hear ya, my cheap Razor for some reason takes pretty darn nice pictures I thought I would roll the dice and see if I can get someone to bite and post some.

Either way I just have to get one for myself and post some pictures up.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
She's way past the plastic energizer stage. Her latest light is an Inova T2 which replaced an Inova T5. She wants something brighter and with more runtime. And she's been eyeing my Novatac 120T !

Oh boy, you are in for some expensive credit card bills when she's older, better keep your personal collection hidden away!

j3bnl

Enlightened
I have just ordered one of these and was wondering is the clip removable?
Pics from you lucky people who have already got theirs would be appreciated.

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
"If I had a 13 year old I'd give her a plastic energizer, not a $70 light."

It just shows, she's got good taste and you've got a nervous wallet!!!

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
My mini-review after playing with it for 15 minutes: First-Class flashlight all the way! Good size,good heft, brilliant light, great holster,too.:grin2: