Rop bulbs max?

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Sorry if this has been beat to death, I looked briefly thru all the faq and rop threads I could find. If you know of a thread with the answers a simple redirect would be greatly appreciated.

New to the Rop game, have some ideas for a couple more new ones. It would seem these bulbs are incredibly versatile as far as voltages. Some people run them on very low voltage some on incredibly high. Curious where the cutoff point is for both the low and high bulb. My 2d runs at 7.2v via six eneloop aa's. I doubt a 4d could run on two of those packs at 14.4v. That's the idea. It seems people with bigger rops use about the same number of batteries, just bigger ones, if they want to go up in size. I've heard 7 eneloops will work, but 8 won't.

I'm guessing that there is a definite max voltage line, and the game is to see how many of the biggest batts we can use, but still stay under that level. Is this correct?

If that is the case, there has to be a max lumen output at some point as well. My reason for trying to calculate some of this is, that I have a few larger lights coming, and I'd like to get into some bigger than aa batts, like subc's, li-ion c's or even d's. ..so knowing the max's would help greatly in formulating my strategy.

Thanks a lot in advance. :twothumbs

g