Getting a further throw from 2 XR-E's

mds82

Enlightened
So before I begin, I have dont all my reasearch on optics, reflectors and everything else.

What i am trying to design is a very small light that will replace an automotive bulb, something like an H8 base or any other regular headlight bulb. However, i need to design it much differently so that light is focused into 2 spots, directly opposed from each other. Below is a picture of what it looks like. Basically - i need a lot of the light to enter into the 2 tubes that head off to the right, and then the remaining spill will hit a reflector and bounce forward towards the left side ring.

I have tried this so far with 2 Cree XR-E's pointed directly towards those 2 tubes, also i've tried some Seoul P4's, however there is too much spill and not enough light concentrated into the tubes.

Any sugestions??

In the below Pic, forget that red part that says LED Here

ae1ow1.jpg

ae1ow1.jpg

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is another fiber optic lens thing here
http://www.moreleds.com/accessories.htm
the 3* one, it was most useless for culminating anything other than slamming into a fiber bundle. Before they marked it i thought it was for throw :duh2:
and mabey useless for a plastic light tube too, because the point of tightness , didnt stay that way for long, which would side shoot a plastic light tube.

mds82

Enlightened
I forgot to mention, both the LED, the Optics ( if used) and the metal base need to be a total height of less t hen 1 inch.

It needs just to the same size as an H8 Bulb.
H8.jpg