Shipping times from DX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a MX Power 3-cree on 11/30. I am in SE Michigan when do you think I can expect to get my order? maybe next week?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Non-EMS shipping, 2-6 weeks to the US, depending on how long it took them to ship it, if they shipped a partial or complete order, and luck of the draw. Usually 3-4 weeks in my experience, but I wouldn't start bugging them until 6.

holeymoley

Newly Enlightened
I'm in NYC and it takes minimum of 12 days for items which are in stock. DX split my last order into 3 sections that took 2wks, 4wks, and 5wks and counting.

extas

Newly Enlightened
basically its random, minimum of ~14 days up to 6 weeks. what does your order say on the DX website? if it has a tracking # then its up to the hong kong post, those guys don't update regularly and can hold a package up to a week. once they say "left hong kong" say 5 - 14 days.

-ex

aemkei77

Newly Enlightened
last five packages took between 3 to 5 weeks to europe

not a big issue, what I don't like is when they say "in stock" it takes 5 days at minimum for "collecting from suppliers"

extas

Newly Enlightened
lol, yes, "in stock" = we should be able to get it someday from our suppliers warehouse.. they have a very liberal definition of "in stock". They must have their own dictionary.

-ex

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last purchase was made 11-24, shipped 11/27, and arrived 12/3. That's the best time yet.

batvette

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a MX Power 3-cree on 11/30. I am in SE Michigan when do you think I can expect to get my order? maybe next week?

Same light to San Diego arrived last week in 2 weeks even. I'd add a week just guessing.

Keep in mind if everyone prematurely bugs such a supplier, everyone else's order (including yours) takes a little longer, or costs more when they have to hire people just to check.

But then you knew that and wisely posted here first. :naughty:

Yes it can be random and I would guess many people whose orders were delayed had this happen because of issues outside the seller's control- who knows what happens when two countries half a world apart are involved, with our well meaning gubmint trying to keep us safe from the terrorist bogeymen, be they none, a hundred or a million. :candle:

You won't be disappointed with your flashlight, it's "all that." I wasn't expecting the side effect of its amazing throw- it is the first LED I have that can truly cause pain with its beam.

"oh, hey, sorry about that. the hole in your eyesight and the spots you see should wear off in a few days."

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Depends on if you include the 7-10 days it sits at the post office while I try to get over there during business hours because of the international postage signature required delivery. Razzle frazzle &**(^$:mecry:

g

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
about 5 years shy of a light year, not too bad. :crackup:... jk, mine takes about 6-8 weeks. I hated when I ordered something new and excited to get my hands on...then comes the ....you got it... the 6-8 weeks of testing your patience.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered 11/08 ,still waiting.The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 15-Nov-2007,still waiting.:welcome:

robo21

Enlightened
I'm on the West coast and based upon some of the replies above I may have been lucky with DX and KD. I usually receive my orders in 2 weeks unless there is a "supplier problem."

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
Before when i got stuff on ebay from people in hong kong it takes about 2 weeks. I placed 3 order from hong kong yesterday. the dbs 2sd from dereelight and some battery from aw and 2 charger and other little stuff from DX. Lets see which ones gets here first.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel sorry for you guys "4 to 6 weeks" :eek:

But a funny thing happens if you dont receive a package.
recently I put up a ticket for a lost(whole order) package!this was the reply I got:thinking:

"would you please let us know if you have received any note saying the missing items in your package ? If so, please shot a picture of the note for us"

:whistle: lol.

I'll shoot them a reply"you made me laugh so much" that is worth more than package case closed. :laughing:

Last edited:

dg

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the UK. I ordered late Tuesday night (UK time) and got my shipping confirmation this afternoon - Thursday.

Quoted delivery time is 7-10 days, but from experience stuff from HK normally takes about one week to get here

Marduke

Flashaholic
I feel sorry for you guys "4 to 6 weeks" :eek:

But a funny thing happens if you dont receive a package.
recently I put up a ticket for a lost(whole order) package!this was the reply I got:thinking:

"would you please let us know if you have received any note saying the missing items in your package ? If so, please shot a picture of the note for us"

:whistle: lol.

I'll shoot them a reply"you made me laugh so much" that is worth more than package case closed. :laughing:

They just misunderstood and thought that just certain items were missing, as they probably get plenty of complaints of missing items when they stick in the form that lists items that are going to be shipped after the primary package because they weren't in stock with suppliers.

1 what

Enlightened
Pick a number between 1 and 100, subtract your age (in years) then square the result! (the answer will be delivery time in days.)

I live in Australia (closer to HK) and have had delivery vary from 5 days to over 6 weeks. They are polite, respond to emails, and ask for photos of everything. Eventually the order arives, sometimes split into sections. But they are inexpensive, have a lot of interesting gear and are "honest" as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.