Rough size of LOD?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the mundane thread, but i just noticed something i would like confirmation on

maglite solitaire is 81mm
Fenix LOD is 72 mm

that would mean that the LOD is roughly the size of the Solitaire without the tail cap?

Crenshaw

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Marduke,good to know
dang that thing is small
the LOD is supposed to be 1.3mm thicker, but my god its tiny...
mine still says shipping! argh....wonder if my mj will come in first or my LOD

Crenshaw

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC?

and erm, it cant possibly be the same diameter, cos then the AAA woulnt fit...unless the IIRC means "roughly"

and also, what is with all the +1 thingies in threads? still trying to figure it out...

Crenshaw

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC?

and erm, it cant possibly be the same diameter, cos then the AAA woulnt fit...unless the IIRC means "roughly"

and also, what is with all the +1 thingies in threads? still trying to figure it out...

Crenshaw

Luke was saying the same diameter as an AA, not AAA.
IIRC stands for "If I Remember Correctly"
+1 means "I agree" or "Me too". Or you can take it as "one more", as in here's one more that agrees.

Of course all of this is IIRC. :grin2:

Marduke

Flashaholic
IIRC?

Crenshaw

Same diameter as an AA, not AAA.

+1 just denotes that you agree with the statement, and support it. It's kind of like a vote of support for the post.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly.

LightInTheWallet

Newly Enlightened
+1, also put a lithium aaa cell in when it arrives, the voltage is generaly 1.7 volts as opposed to the approx. 1.5 on alkalines. Luminescent posted thet jem first( I usually abhor lithium cells, too many laser pointers get fried on them and I have too many laser pointers). Don't worry about your LOD it will perform brilliantly with lithiums, and without harm.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually its not STRICTLY smaller, its a tad wider,but shorter yes.
if only the LOD 75 lumen wasnt red...

lithium cells, hmmmm,may have to save some money first so i dont feel so bad about the 500 odd i spent :whistle: and 95 i transfered to someone for a longbow....

then again, if AA batts can push out 100 lumens, AAA should be able to too yes? now when will fenix give tiablo a run for thier money....

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm, unless you have a sort of "devil" theme maybe? the Devilight..lol
nah already ordered a regular LOD, should be on its way, if i need more then the 50lumens, my T1, also on the way, or my Surefire with p61, or my P1D-ce should work fine. At last resort, when all light fails, my tritium keyring which is still out of stock at dx which i hope will send it to me soon, will still be shining after 10 years....

Crenshaw

GBone

Newly Enlightened
I finally lost the battle with my brain and ordered the red L0D Q5 to replace my old L0D. The color is actually very nice and the snowflakes and bells are so small they just seem to fade away! :D

The L0D is so small is simply disappears into your pocket, but when you need it you sure know its there! ;)

KenAnderson

Enlightened
If you ever find one forsale, the Lo-Ti (titanium version of the LO) is wonderful. I just upgraded mine to the latest Cree and really enjoy it. Hansome to look at and indestructable. A little Flitz makes it look as new after a year of carry.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you ever find one forsale, the Lo-Ti (titanium version of the LO) is wonderful. I just upgraded mine to the latest Cree and really enjoy it. Hansome to look at and indestructable. A little Flitz makes it look as new after a year of carry.

omg there is a titanium version? when was that? bet it was expensive?

Crenshaw