should i sell my SF 6PL and get a L1 ??

Saiga

Enlightened
I can sell my virtually brand new surefire 6PL to my brother for $75, and toss in another $55 and get highly-thought-of,uber-nifty surefire L1. I already have a SF G2L ( as best i can tell, about the same thing as the 6PL). When surefire finally wakes up and puts out the 6PL in type III anodising, then i KNOW i'm gonna want to ditch it.Should i leave well enough alone,and spend the $55 bucks on another light entirely ( hhmmm, maybe a luma-power?) or ditch my 6PL and get the L1 ?

scottaw

Enlightened
ABSOLUTELY, i can't heap enough good praises on the new L1, heck, wait for B/S/T, they regularly go for $100. Takes 1 battery, 5 mure lumens, haIII, Good smaller size and a low mode that's a lot brighter than you think it'll be.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply, what is B/S/T ?

When you click on Market Place at the top, it takes you to the Buy/Sell/Trade area of CPF.

I say hang onto the 6PL and get the L1 anyway. :) You know CPF's motto...."Get both!"

Saiga

Enlightened
LOL !! of course, i knew i was eventually going to be told "get both"
(un-official CPF motto) but i thought i'd get further than a mere 2 replies before hearing it !!
Anyway, i just unloaded my 6PL on my brother ( he already has a G2L). I logged on to batteryjuction to order the L1, but decided to wait till tomorrow and call on the phone and see if they'll give me 4 panasonics or sanyos instead of the 8 tenergy's they include.I already have a bunch of those tenergy's from them, and i ain't liking what i'm reading about them.
And to the 146 people that looked at this thread without replying...thanks fer nuthin' !!!

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
i just looked at OpticsHQ's website,their list price is the same as everyone else's,and i saw no mention of free shipping or handfulls of free batteries. But in all fairness, i must admit this was a brief scan after 4 or 5 rum and cokes, coulda missed something :whistle:. I'll give 'em a ring tomorrow.