What's worse than waiting for xmas?

mr.squatch

Enlightened
So last month I was stuck on a boat in the gulf for 4 weeks and ended up on a shopping spree in mr. Ledean's store while online. I bought two 1dmags with finned heads and grooved bodies. I also was lucky enough to score two of gene's newest version d-size dropins and three spare 52mm aspherical lenses. I bought three sweet battery packs off luxluthor to power em up. Then I also swooped a 1c aspherical mag, and talked him into making me two of his cr2 cutdown minimags as well. Had a couple weeks off and I was absolutely busting at the seams to get em in the mail. So he ships em to me and I get the call that I'm headed back out to sea. :mecry:They arrived the day after I left, and are sitting in a cardboard box on my bed. 3 more weeks. This really blows. For now I'm sitting in a dark room with a :candle: pretending like it's really bright.

g

jugg2

Enlightened
Wow, I feel bad for you. That sucks, but hey what can you do about it? Just wait it out.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Change your angle of view, and warm yourself in the glowing feeling of 3 lights waiting for you to be unpacked... :party:
The feeling of anticipation is a nice feeling, and often surpasses the feeling of actual ownership. ;)

(Of course you will only learn the difference afterwards... :D :nana:)

Dr.K

Enlightened
Consider yourself lucky just to be able to shop from the Gulf.
Couldn't always do that I bet?\

Imagine No COmmunication, then I bet you'll feel better.:)

mr.squatch

Enlightened
All the comms out here are satellite so any change in direction or weather can cause days at a time without. So yes I do consider myself fortunate. My roomie is going to open the box and send pictures today. I am not sure if that'll make it better or worse. lol.

g

Phaetos

Enlightened
How about waiting for Christmas(yes, I am one that insists on using the proper name) and knowing that I ordered two lights tonight, and the probability of neither making it before Christmas :eek:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's worse than waiting for X-Mas?
Waiting for the bathroom on X-Mas day... Grandma's house had only one bathroom, and 15+ family members would come over for presents followed by tons of food.
:toilet:
Oh I remember those days all too well.

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
I guess that you work offshore O&G? Sucks when you're away for xmas and new year.

I definately know the feeling of being stuck offshore and giving in too temptation with all those shiney things on the internet.

The hard part is knowing it's sitting at home waiting for you!

Have a good swing anyway.

luminata

Enlightened
Wow, it sounds like you have a really cool job !!!

My job absolutley SUCKS so get some enjoyment from the fact that I envy your job and the fact you have those lights waiting for you at home. The only thing I have waiting for me at the moment is a frozen JEEP outside and about 45 mins of scraping and shoveling ice in 21 degree windy weather.( I think the windchill must be -10 right now and I have to spend most of the day outside YAYYY!!!)

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Lol, well when I left home (houston) it was around 82 and sunny. My first year there, can't believe how nice the weather has been so far. Beats where I came from in okc this time of year that's a fact. My job isn't nearly as glamorous as it may seem, but I can't complain. Offshore pay is great, and I get to see the world on somebody else's dime. It's usually pretty good, til they tell you the plane tickets and travel plans to go see family for xmas are canceled so you can go sit on a boat in the gulf for 4 weeks with no new flashlites :( haha. Ah well, so is life.

g

RWBlue

Newly Enlightened
It could be worse.

You could be sitting in a house knowing that you will not have anything to open on christmas.

OR

You could be sitting in a very small life raft in the middle of the ocean, thinking about the flash light you have at home which you could use to signal a passing boat.

or

....:candle:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Worse than waiting for Xmas would be not getting an Xmas at all. Sorry if that's a downer, but it's the first thing I thought.

JB01245

Newly Enlightened
What's worse than waiting for xmas?

Waiting for Cutter to receive parts that they showed in stock and sent you an order confirmation with no mention of not actually having the parts on hand, only to find out thru a forum that they are waiting on the parts. Then having to wait once again after receiving a second email saying they received the parts and are finally shipping.