Fenix P2D-CE gets hot in pocket!

nightstalker101

Enlightened
For school today our small orchestra went to a hospital to play Christmas tunes. I had my P2D in my pocket and during one of the songs I noticed something really warm in my pocket. After the song I pulled out my P2D to find that it was hot to the touch. At some point it must have gotten turned on. I leave it on turbo so that explains the heat. At first I was concerned that it was the battery but its fine now. Anyone else have a similar experience?

jugg2

Enlightened
Even if mine is turned off my bodyheat will make it warm to the touch. So if it was turned on turbo then I imagine it could get pretty warm with no way to dissipate the heat.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a simliar experience with "The Torch" except it was, more...ahem...dramatic...

Just kidding...:D
i have yet to get one/make a "The Torch"

Crenshaw

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
i leave my bezel on low so if it gets knocked on its not on turbo. if i want turbo when i turn it on i can turn the bezel before i press the button.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
same thing happened to me with my P3D 100:oops:
it was really hot, but I don't think that this could dangerous
only problem is that your batteries could be drained by the time you notice it:thumbsdow

Zenster

Enlightened
"Is that glow in your pants on purpose or are you just glad to see me?" :D

On Turbo, my L2D-CE/Q5 head also gets warm to the touch, but it's been shown that it can run that way a very long time with no damage even though Fenix adds a disclaimer that it shouldn't be run on Turbo for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I almost always run mine on Turbo with no problem at all, nor with any excessive heating issues.
But then, I don't usually leave it on when I stuff it in my pants to exaggerate my manhood, either. :crackup:

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
yeah just the other day my p1dce decided to twist on in my pocket and i was working at my shop with a blow torch. thought my leg was on fire then i realized it was just my pocket powerhouse :twothumbs