SureFire bashing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x2x3x2

Banned
So, what problems do you guys have about SureFire?

I've noticed that there have been very little complaints about SureFire stuff on CPF.
Most of those who seem to have something to say suddenly dissapears?

I think that we should still be able to discuss improvements about SureFire products, cos even though they're a huge and popular company, it doesn't mean that their products aren't subject to the same scrutinization.

For me, first would be their price point.
Sure they're made tough and rugged for LEO and militar use.
Compare them to other brands, say Wolf Eyes. Wolf Eyes stuff are at least on par with SureFire.

Features, again Wolf Eyes edges out in terms of modes available with their LED modules. However SureFire does edge out with their multi colored lighting solutions.

Lastly, SureFire is known for its warranty right, but what about their service?
I've read multiple posts which have people complain about the excrutiating logn wait times for faulty products to be serviced. I guess these returns do speak for their QC as well. Especially for the U2.

FYI: Since MikeLip's Dereelight bashing thread has been allowed on the LED section since 10-19-2007, I guess this would be fair as well :)
Also, CPF isn't by anyway affiliated to SureFire right? So this should be cool.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woah dude, love your avatar pic...

anyway there HAVE been numerous threads about surefire problems recently, especially thier clikies..
i guess it quietens down because surefire give you a new one anyway

Crenshaw

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
wolf eyes 1 year
surefire = lifetime unconditional

i love their products

Well in my case, I sent back a L2 because it had terrible tint and do-nut hole.....I got back the same thing because it was not considered bad enough......so much for lifetime unconditional......

Changed over to Wolf-Eyes and haven't looked back....

Burgess

Flashaholic
My big gripe about SureFire is this:

They don't make any AA-cell flashlights !

Please, SureFire, throw us AA-users a bone, eh ?

:wave:
_

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me, SF warranty and service is the best (for USA only).
I used lots of SF lights from '91 till now. ("Now" because SF don't have high power LED lights):grin2:
Everytimes my SF light broke down, I "call" them either they send me a new parts or I sent the light in and they sent me an other one, fast, everytimes.
Their price is high but come with their warranty and service, I say it the right price.

SureFire is known for its warranty right, but what about their service?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had trouble with any of mine except for 1 failed Z57. I took it apart and lubed it and it has worked fine ever since.

Empath

Flashaholic
We don't run designated bashing threads in CPF for any dealer, manufacturer, country of origin, member, or whatever. If there is a particular problem with a product, there are likely CPF resources available to handle your needs, whether it's through the MarketPlace's Jeers forum, or a general 'bad attitude' thread created in the Underground.

If there is a negative response you feel needs to be made to an existing thread, certainly a mannerly response is acceptable. Calling for a blanket bashing isn't going to work. We give you the resources for what you want, but we expect that the designated methods and proper posting locations be honored.

FYI: Since MikeLip's Dereelight bashing thread has been allowed on the LED section since 10-19-2007, I guess this would be fair as well

Mike's thread, though not ideally titled, was not a call for blanketed bashing. He opened with a challenge against an existing review with which he didn't agree, and offered a specific complaint against the product.

This thread is closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.