True Value of Flashlight Enthusiasm

Spence

Enlightened
Wow, if you think flashlight enthusiasm is expensive, try a $200 a day heroin habit, now that gets costly! Ha, just kidding. But really, I've been at it for only 6 or 8 months, and I've had disappointments and frustrations here and there. But I've had alot of fun and enjoyment anticipating my next acquisition. I quit buying the cheap thrill lights and now I'm only interested in SureFires, primarily, and the high quality and practical, reliable performance they provide. I have some lights on rechargeables and others strictly using primaries. As for the cost of the CR123's, it's just an incidental expenditure for my enjoyment, like the tankfulls of gas $$$ I put into my 13 year old Mazda Miata (my other passion). Everything is relative and if you look around or glance at a magazine rack, you'll get an idea of some really expensive pastimes and hobbies others have. $90K motorhomes, $30K ski boats, $3K hunting trips, $25K bass boats and fishing tournaments, expensive traveling and on and on, thinking about the tremendous incidental expenses they have. Payments, storage, $45K tow vehicles, insurance, trips, lodging, repairs and maintenance. Man o man, my little interest in high performance flashlights is pretty harmless and nothing I can't control. After all, I quit drinking after thirty years as an alcoholic...now there's a costly, out of contol, problematic habit! So you see you could always do worse than plunking down $135 for a new SureFire L1 CREE that you'll cherish 'till the day you die, like me!
Good luck to you, friend...don't forget to write.
Spence
:twothumbs:popcorn::broke::grin2:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good to keep things in perspective. Like I said before, if I were my apartment mates, I'd be spending my money on pot and alcohol. Makes those other purchases nicely sane and healthy.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, if you think flashlight enthusiasm is expensive, try a $200 a day heroin habit, now that gets costly! Ha, just kidding. After all, I quit drinking after thirty years as an alcoholic...now there's a costly, out of contol, problematic habit! So you see you could always do worse than plunking down $135 for a new SureFire L1 CREE that :twothumbs:popcorn::broke::grin2:
you're ALOT better off....
Even though booze is 100% legal, unlike the herion,:oops: they can both kill you.
Flashlights OTOH put you way ahead of the unenlightened masses because you can embrace and utilize this technology YEARS before the public.

A flashlight can also save your life.:party:

hopkins

Enlightened
Of course flashlights can save your life but one type could also kill
you dead. I mean regulated output types.

Regulated lights that turn off suddenly while you are doing something
dangerous like checking AC voltages inside a live junction box
or down climbing unstable talus slopes at night, or maybe bringing
in another load of fire wood on an ice coated path.
Sudden darkness can be more than an inconvenient truth.:oops::ohgeez: