The reaction that makes it all worthwhile

Katdaddy

Enlightened
We went to my parents to have our Christmas over the weekend. He has a large(several acres) back yard and has a feeder for deer. My wife likes to see the deer so after dark Dad says go shine a light and see if any are out there. I carried my new Mag85 anticipating this very thing. I pulled it out and started for the back door. My sister says "not that little thing, we need a big light". I said "just watch". She pulls out her 4D Mag and states "mine is bigger than yours and it won't shine that far". Again I say "just watch". I fired er up and .......... "oh my God, what is that"? What have you done to that thing?
Of course, now they want one too.

Priceless!!

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like watching people at campsites showing off their 1-watt scorchers. Thinking, wow, those are bright. Wait till they see mine!

EV_007

Enlightened
I was helping relatives move the other night and hile unloading a U-haul box truck, I let up the whole back with my A2 Green and the guys are like WOW! I was a good 20 feet from the truck.

Other guys goes, "is that a Surefire?" I was surprised and not so surprised. The third guy is like, "I had a surefire, but the batteries are expensive and only last an hour and a half."

I let him know that the LED versions give a lot more runtime. He did not know they made LEDs.

Yup, the word is spreading about lights beyond M@g. Now I know what to get them for Xmas this year.

Last edited: