How long before Fenix updates the P2D size lights?

passive101

Enlightened
I'm debating getting one of the P2Ds, but am wondering if they plan on making a tactical light in this size, or if they will just come out with something brighter.

How long has the P2D been out, and are there better and brighter LED's available now that would work in them?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The P2D-CE Q5 uses one of the brightest Cree XR-E LEDs available, the Cree XR-E Q5(The R2 is still too rare). It(The whole line) has been out for less then a year.

You could use a L1/2T V2.0 head and transplant the froward clickie into the tailcap and create a forward clickie 2 mode 1 CR123 light.

Last edited:

Border

Newly Enlightened
This will be my first fenix I canceled my T1 order (to big for EDC)

I agree - the T1 looks just to bulky for EDC. I have worn my trusty P2D (Q4) every day for about half a year now. It's just the perfect size/weight/form for EDC imho.

Of course, I'll probably buy a P2D Q5 as well - unless the R2 is just around the corner... :naughty:

turbodog6

Newly Enlightened
You could use a L1/2T V2.0 head and transplant the froward clickie into the tailcap and create a forward clickie 2 mode 1 CR123 light.

Gunner12,
This is exactly the set up I have been looking for. What are the output levels of the 2 modes?

Thanks!

TurboDog6

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i really want the my fenix Lxd to have the light covered with this all over its body like the novatac

skcusfpc

Banned
I like my lights to be slick. This way I can easily pull them from my pockets and they do not wearout my pockets.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunner12,
This is exactly the set up I have been looking for. What are the output levels of the 2 modes?

Thanks!

TurboDog6

1AA High = 90 lumens, 2AA High = 140 lumens, Low on both = 13 lumens.

I believe these are the advertised output levels.:whistle:

Last edited: