LEDs..... Good

peskyphotons

Newly Enlightened
:)The past few years have been really amazing for leds. My first led light is one of the little 9 volt ones that I cannot remember the name of. The next light that I bought was a C Crane expedition, 7-5mm leds and 3 C cells. Not a great deal of light but I never used up my second set of batteries. Then the Luxeon's came out and it was time for a CMG Reactor 2 AA and 3 AA (both junk). My first good Luxeon light was an Electrolumens XM-3. Now I had something that was usable. I think the rest of the lights in rough order are: Nuwai 3-lux III, 3-D cell light. Photon Freedom. Fenix L1P. Night Star shakelight. Streamlight task-light 3 AA. Streamlight Jr. Streamlight Propoly lux 4 AA. Arc AAA. Miller Mods 3-Lux III Maglite mod 2 D cell NIMH (latter modified to Seouls, what a great light!). HDS B42. Fenix LOD CE. Fenix L1D CE. Fenix L2D CE. and I'm sure I missed some. When I first became a flashoholic the leds where low output but very efficient. Then the output came up but they did not have all that much throw. Now we have some really useful lights available to us. I use my L1D CE every day at work and find it to be amazing, it more than replaces a Mag 2-D cell as far as performance is concerned. I'm really looking forward to the next upgrade in performance. How much light can I get out of a single AA! I was thinking about one of the 10 watt HIDs but I think my Miller Mods 3-Seoul Maglite is pretty close. What will another few years show us? Future looks bright. So where did you folks start out? What's your led history?

Thanks,
Alex

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon Micro-Light to the LED lights listed in my sig to an upcoming LeefBody C-C 2x18650 + KT + SSC P4 + Z41.