• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Mag 2 1/3D 4X18650, 2s2p light

ptirmal

Enlightened
I have for sale a maglite host that was a 3D cutdown and rethreaded to about 2 and a third and also slotted down the sides to allow 4 18650 batteries, 2 series and 2 parallel... color is Pewter and condition is very good, barely even used this light.

The inside is big enough to allow for a custom battery pack or like I did just use the button tops of D cells with magnets, I'll throw in a few magnets and the button tops I used.

The maglite doesn't include the original switch assembly and has the stock reflector and lense... I used it temporarily with a 5761 bipin bulb and it was great, great runtime and great output. You would need a bipin switch, aluminum reflector and glass lense for this to really come alive. I'll throw in a few bipins I have, 5761 and whatever else I can find.

I'm selling it because I want to try out an HID and I need money!

IMG_0630-1.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

$85 shipped in the US and it's yours.

nickz

Enlightened
Ok, what is that surefire setup? It looks like a C3 with a cell extender and one of the surefire 9V turbo heads. I'd like to know for sure. I'd also like to know if you are running the M4 lamp assemblies?

ptirmal

Enlightened
It is a C3 with a Mr123 extender (or whatever it's called from lighthound)... bored out to accompany 18650's with a KT2 turbohead and a MN21 (or whatever the M6 500 lumen lampis, can't think right now)... Just used it as a size comparison

ptirmal

Enlightened
forgot to mention for anyone that didn't know that this configuration is ideal for most 7.2v bulbs. With a stock switch it can be used as an extended ROP high. Or you can get a KIU socket and use any bipin bulbs in that range

ptirmal

Enlightened
Is there a cell holder for the 4 X 18650?

If not how did you make contact with the cells?

You can make a cell holder out of some shrink tubing and some solder. I just used some rare earth magnets to hold the cells together in series (they don't move around since it's slotted for them, basically just for them to make contact)... and also a magnet to hold the cells to the button top I cannibalized from a D cell battery.

Like I said, I'll ship the button top with the magnets... worked fine for me especially since I charged each cell individually.

I can also include a stock D switch for $4, it'll be here in a few days, I ordered it in case I end up keeping it.