LED heads for E2e/d

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old E2 and an E2d, both of which have been retired for years. But, I'd like to press them (or at least the bodies) back into active duty, preferably with a Q5 LED head, and a beam at least remotely similar to SF's beams (i.e., tactical-style beam rather than wall-of-light) . There's a thread in this forum about 6P drop-ins, but not about E2-compatible heads. Any good pointers on great heads with recent LEDs? Please don't send me to the stickied threads in McGizmo's forum, I have always been too stupid to make heads or tails of them.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Three simple solutions.

1) Koala's tower replacement. 65 Bucks. Post here if you're interested, and payment needs to be made when he emails you. Make sure you mention that you've got an E2e.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172990

2) Buy a KL1 head. Put a query in the BST forum. Average prices has been about 55 bucks.

3) Buy a KX2 head. This will update your light to the latest one. About 65-68 bucks.

So - it's all gonna cost about the same.

-Steve

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick reply! I looked them all over quickly. If I have things right:

- koala's tower is loosely focused with a medium hot spot, not quite the beam I'm looking for, I'd rather it be closer to the original E2e incandescent's beam.

- the Kx2 is fairly low-powered ... 45 lumens, which is probably SF's typical under-estimated rating, but still not quite the 230+-ish bulb lumens (or half that out the front) that, for example, my Malkoff drop-in has on the exact same batteries

- same issue with the KL1, I think

So, I think I'm still waiting, or maybe I've gotten the above wrong

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Ahh. Then you want the SureFire KL4 head. 100 lumens. Nice pattern.

Or - wait 'til OpticsHQ comes out with their E-Series stuff.

-Steve

drpaul5343

Newly Enlightened
frustrated new member drpaul5343
thinking.gif

I have a great, great need :huh: of a rubber end cap cover to an ARC 3-volt LSH-ST309

I for sure don't want any dirt in my ARC
mad71.gif

can anybody help please :confused:

[email protected]
918-865-8635
help.gif