Where can I purchase the best bang for the buck Surefire 6P (Tact head) style light?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
If you don't mind the Nitrolon units, you can get a G2 LED for about 65 bucks from places like Battery Junction.

-Steve

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I currently own a G2 with a Cree Q5 (no name) drop in and really love it. I am wanting to get a 6P (not wanting to spend the cash) with a tactical head to go with the Malkoff M60 High Output bulb I have coming. Will be used for work.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm interpreting your question properly, I'm taking the fact that you're saying "bang for the buck" means that you're ok with it not being a Surefire branded flashlight. If you are indeed looking for a "Surefire 6P-style" flashlight, there's plenty out there. Solarforce (SF) out of Hong Kong makes a very good clone of the 6P and in fact it is parts compatible with Surefires (6P, G2, C2, etc.). People here usually go to places like Dealextreme or Kaidomain for Chinese made flashlights, but neither carry Solarforce for some reason.

Anyway, a Cree Q5 bin equipped Solarforce 6P clone can be found from Ebay dealer hkequipment:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Solarforce-L2-C...581317QQihZ012QQcategoryZ106987QQcmdZViewItem

Or if you just want the less pricey Xenon version of that and get a Malkoff drop-in:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Solarforce-L2-X...580897QQihZ012QQcategoryZ106987QQcmdZViewItem

The Solarforce L2 has a tactical-syle head and can run on 123 primaries or rechargeables.

Dealextreme sells this Ultrafire model with similar styling, but I'm not sure if it is parts compatible with Surefires other than the P60-style lamp module it uses:
https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2672

Either way, there's plenty of options out there. But I think the two I just mentioned fall within what you're asking for in terms of a "Surefire6P-style best bang for the buck" flashlight. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BigD64

Enlightened
What are you using it for "work" means anything. If your in Law Enforcement I'd go with Surefire. And if its outdoor rough stuff I'd stay with the G2 (less prone to scratches.) If your doing light outdoor stuff and your life dosen't depend on your light then the cheap clones are fine.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are you using it for "work" means anything. If your in Law Enforcement I'd go with Surefire. And if its outdoor rough stuff I'd stay with the G2 (less prone to scratches.) If your doing light outdoor stuff and your life dosen't depend on your light then the cheap clones are fine.

Not that I don't believe the validity of anyone who uses flashlights for doing something "important" (and I'm not making fun of things like law enforcement here), sometimes I think there is an over emphasis on a name branded flashlight's "realiabilty" prowess. Don't get wrong here, I think in general that a Surefire is more reliable than say the "cheap clones" like Ultrafire or Solarforce. But with that said, I wouldn't discount the reliability of the less pricey Chinese made flashlights either. Being a flashaholic, I keep an open mind to the plethora of flashlight products out there. To me, to just simply discount the reliability factor of a flashlight because of brand is just ludicrous. Just because you may be doing something important, doesn't mean a Surefire won't fail on you (as I read many reports here of how they have...after all nothing is perfect). I'm a computer technician and I have experienced that even the most reliable and/or well known branded products can have bad batches here and there. On the other side, I have also used plenty of "cheap" products that have worked just was well as the the more expensive one. I guess it just depends. After that, I think it's more about statistics than anything else.

Anyway getting back to topic, I do think that the ones I listed in my previous post fit the statement of "best bang for the buck Surefire 6P (Tact head) style light". :twothumbs