database of various questions and answers

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ok, i have a lot of various questions floating around in my head, and cpf is a great place bursting with knowlege, so was thinking this thread could be used for people to post various questions, and hopefully answer some questions.

i have a lot, but the thing that is *really* bothering me right now, is when i right click on a link, and select "open link in new window", it opens up *only* the title bar, and you have to click maxamize, this <font color="red">really angers me</font> when i'm on cpf, and i have to maxamize 20 or 30 threads seperately, but it bothers me even more for windows when there is no "maxamize" option, you just can't do whatever is in the window /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif i used to know how to do this i think, but like everything else, i forgot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

anyway, when anyone has a simple question that doesn't require loooong explanations, please post it here, and it will hopefully be answered. if we keep all these random questions in one place, it could be kind of like a database of facts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
What you mean, and what I'm reading may not be the same; but I think I know what you're describing. Try this:
Right click a link.
Select 'open in new window'
Close the old window
On the new window, don't maximize... just grab the edges and make it the size you want.
When it's the size you want, hold down the shift key and close the window. Then check and see if that solved your problem, or if I even understood what you're trying to do.

Your idea for this database may prove difficult in getting people to confine their questions only to a non-CPF forum questions. There is a forum established for forum related problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks empath, usually i do resize it, but i was in a window that wasn't resiizable or maxamizable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sorry, basically i intended this thread to be questions of all sorts...

i.e.
-how big is the largest potato on earth?
-what is 2+2?
-what started world war 2?

just simple, easily answered questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
just simple, easily answered questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, super! That's my type. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
-what is 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

That one'e easy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks gjw, what about my other questions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The largest potato on Earth has not yet been found.
When it finally is it will be found by someone named Cletis.

And World War II was started as a result of a freak accident.
Two freaks in a pick-up hit two freaks on a bicycle.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'm sorry, i should have been more cleare...what is the largest *known* potato on earth?

as for ww2, i thought it was the other way around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif