Confused! LED head options for a SF 9P?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

Can you help me out? I'm trying to find a bright, regulated LED drop-in mod for my SF 9P. Do you have any suggestions? Something with a premium Luxeon would be great. Would a 5-watter be out of the question? I'm a chemical engineer and electronics are not my strong suit.

Thanks,
W

K-T

*Moderator*
If you are looking at mods you might be more lucky to find an appropriate answer in the Mods - forum.
As far as I know there are some 5W drop ins made by several people. Some were the correct size to fit the standard bezel, others were made out of modified KL3 LED bezels. Whatever you are looking for, these are rare items to buy off from someone else.

K-T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks,

I'll go take a look over there. Would the moderator please delete this thread so I can repost (without crossposting in the Mods forum?

W

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
If you are interested in a drop in replacement ( or a screw in replacement ) just get the KL3 Surefire LS 1w head. If not mistaken they could be gotten from

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/flashlights%20main/surefire_kl3_led_module.htm

They are currently sold out. I have dealt with this company, and they are top notch, and fast to reply to any inquiries. They are also willing to ship overseas, which is one of the reason that I use them.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. I'll look into it. I wasn't sure the KL3 would fit my 9P. The SureFire website does not list it as a compatible model and they haven't replied to my request for clarification. I thought I'd have to go home brew.

Wilkey