Where could I find a 70mm x 60 FL aspheric lens?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I am looking for a 70mm diameter x 60mm Focal lenght aspheric lens but google hasn't been too helpful today, only found 1 site and emailed for a quote but no reply yet.

Surplusshed.com and mellesgriot.com doesn't have it, are there any other online vendors I could try?

Thanks in advance for your help.

AlexGT

kungfumo

Newly Enlightened
Find a car with projector beam headlights at the junk yard and bust them out. Should be big enough.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip, I might bust a subaru SVX to build a superthrower but want exact dimensions for my other project, Is there a database of projector optics sizes used in cars somewhere?

AlexGT

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
and
http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/browse.cfm?categoryid=11
good luck trying to figure out what will work right, its just specs madness to me. the focal length and the diameter is not all it takes to find the RIGHT lens.
i think it takes a PHD too :huh:
dont forget to see the fresnel lenses too, just to make things simpler :)

also for the sake of discussion, 60mm from the lens is often a lot of lost light., depending on the light thing your using , getting the light TO the lens might be very important, even if you have to move things around.

Last edited:

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
and
http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/browse.cfm?categoryid=11
good luck trying to figure out what will work right, its just specs madness to me. the focal length and the diameter is not all it takes to find the RIGHT lens.
i think it takes a PHD too :huh:
dont forget to see the fresnel lenses too, just to make things simpler :)

also for the sake of discussion, 60mm from the lens is often a lot of lost light., depending on the light thing your using , getting the light TO the lens might be very important, even if you have to move things around.

The Edmund 75mm 50mm fl has a clear aperture of 73mm and a 0.6 aperture ratio.. Led is 30.5mm behind the lens! So this lens is very usable indeed!

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/displayproduct.cfm?productID=2454

Best,

Ra.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm probably going to try the 70 x63. Do you think a 52 mm x 33 FL Aspheric would work in a Mag as good as the legendary 52 x 38 FL from Surplusshed?

AlexGT

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm probably going to try the 70 x63. Do you think a 52 mm x 33 FL Aspheric would work in a Mag as good as the legendary 52 x 38 FL from Surplusshed?

AlexGT

If the overall quality is the same, you won't see the difference!

Best,

Ra.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, it is the distance behind the lens (around 30mm?) which makes these "useable" in this application?? I just can't seem to remember my high school physics and the focal length ....

Karl

Last edited: