BRUNTON L5 (5 watt headlamp) ??

redburn_38

Newly Enlightened
Looking for some information from those who own this headlamp or have had the opportunity to see it in action.

The Brunton website does not list the LUMENS of this 5watt headlamp though I am assuming that it is between 80-100 can anybody report on this.

Also want to know if the light has a good flood or spill or if it is just a thrower.

Thanks

TMorita

Enlightened
Looking for some information from those who own this headlamp or have had the opportunity to see it in action.

The Brunton website does not list the LUMENS of this 5watt headlamp though I am assuming that it is between 80-100 can anybody report on this.

Also want to know if the light has a good flood or spill or if it is just a thrower.

Thanks

All of the Bunton L series are throwers I think.

Toshi

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've looked around and tried to find one, but I've yet to play with a Brunton headlamp. All I know is that it uses an old K2 emitter, so the maximum it should be able to put out the front is ~90-100 lumens.
My guess would be it is a thrower.

nzbazza

Enlightened
I own the Lux1 version (Silva L2/Brunton L1). IIRC the Silva LX/Brunton L5 share the same headunit with a different LED installed (Lux5).

I can confirm that the L2 has a narrow spot beam (5-10 deg). Spot has even brightness at all points. There is virtually no side spill.

The button is F____G awful! :sigh:

All 3 levels are regulated, there is PWM on the med and low levels.

I think the LX ran off a NIMH battery pack instead of AA's.

I hated the button (IMPOSSIBLE to use with gloves!!!!!!!!!!!) and the beam was too narrow for me, so I don't use it.

Last edited: