E2 clickie switch colors

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm sure it would be available in all colors currently available.

hmmm, makes the E2 ha without lotc and pyrex a little more desirable since you wouldn't have that stupid hex bezel, but would get the longer clip. the short one is about useless. if they would only make the E2 ha in pyrex! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Remember that SF puts function over appearance. The clip is a "Pocket" clip, not a belt clip. I've found the short one works good in the front pocket of Slacks or Dockers. The long pocket clip works best with the back pocket. Belt carry is discouraged. You have 2 options, short and long. When I first got the E2e, I couldn't stand the short clip either. After a few weeks of tryiing it out, I'll never go back to the long one!

The hex head adds strength and anti-roll properties (function over looks remember...then again, looks are opinion anyway right?).

The LOTC prevents acciedental activation in situations where your life depends on darkness. Also so it won't activate in travel bags, pocket etc. I've opened my bag to find melted lens' on my 9P many times, before they had LOTCs.

SF really is about making the best of the best sparing no expense. They put quality and function over anything else. I for one, like that.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Z57 (HA)
There may be others in (BK) and (SG).

The HA Clickie will the primary version to get out to customers I would have thought.

Al

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there are to be clickies in finishes other than HA III Surefire tech support is unaware of them (does not necessarily mean much). I would be very happy if they supplement the HA with black and camo (the latter being very unlikely given the limited production of E2e camos).

Cheers.

Size15's

Flashaholic
No release date will be give. SureFire will email details of new product release to those who have subscribed to their notification list. Dealers may "leak" details of when they expect to have their orders delivered.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Someone does know something.

When they are released the Dealers will get a headsup, then SureFire will send out an email.
It is likely that the Dealers will let CPF members know when pre-orders can be placed.

Al

McGizmo

Flashaholic
From vaporware to "surprise! ware" and we as a group helped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Whatever the time line might have been, I suspect that some delay has resulted in SF resources being focused and diverted heavily to supplying some folks in uniform.

- Don