DBS Owners. Question..

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Just wanted to know which 18650 battery and charger you are using with your digital pills?
I currently have a AW 18650 protected and I am using the Ultrafire 139. Is this a good charger to use or is there a better one? I just want the best for the battery.

Thanks

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using the AW protected 18650 and the Ultrafire 139 charger AW also sells. So far so good. :)

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
WadeF:
When you charge your batteries, do you remove the the batteries from the charger when the light turns green or do you leave them on until you get to them?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
WadeF:
When you charge your batteries, do you remove the the batteries from the charger when the light turns green or do you leave them on until you get to them?

I try to get them out when the light turns green, but sometimes they are in the charger for a little longer, but the protection circuit should prevent the batteries from being over-charged. The un-protected batteries could slowly continue to charge past 4.20v if left on the charger, from what I hear.

I've never seen any of my AW protected 18650's come off the charger (with the lights green) with a voltage reading outside of 4.19-4.20v

Zenster

Enlightened
I'm using the Tenergy 2600mah from Battery Junction, and charging with the Pila IBC charger.

I'm not too concerned about getting the batteries off the moment the green light comes on, but I do like to check back and shut it down within an hour or two after that.

All doing fine with the DBS as well as the CL1H.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using AW's protected 18650 cells also in my DBS/CL1H/Spear and they work just fine.

I use a Triton charger set at 3.6V and it ends the charge at 4.10V, I don't know what the run time difference is between 4.10V and 4.20V :shrug: but I keep a few spares around just incase I need to run one for more than an hour or so.

Which reminds me I need to order a few more so I will have something to feed my DBS V2 when it gets here :D

Later
Kelly

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Alright I just ordered the Tenergy 18650's and the UF 139 :D

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks WadeF.

Someone was selling 6 for $30.00. Guess I'll stay with AWs..

I'm mainly concerned about your safety, that's the #1 reason I'd avoid a battery like that.

#2, it may not live up to the 2200mAH claim, it's not protected so you risk damanging the battery by over-discharging, or over-charging.

However, if you're not worried about the risk, and want to try one and test it out and let us know how it performs, that's up to you. :)

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5790

They have surprisingly high capacity. I measured 103 and 104 minutes runtime in Raidfire Spear, which is more than what i got with AW 2200mAh (96 minutes).
I've also had no problems using these. YMMV Edit : I am not implying they are better than AW's, just that they are working well for me.

Last edited: