Looking for a new EDC light

defusion

Enlightened
Hi guys,

I've been absent for a while, and lots of new cool stuff has come out since.
And i'm currently looking for a new EDC light.
I've decided to use the checklist i found a few topics down.

1) How do you plan to carry it (size factor)?
Pocket carry, preferably clipped.
2) What are your battery restrictions or preferences with the EDC?
1x CR123
3) How often do you intend to use it?
Often, for multiple purposes
4) For your purposes, how bright a beam do you require (given how you'll carry it)?
99% indoor use, ballpark 50-80 lumens
5) What beam pattern suits you best in an EDC?
Lots of spill
6) What kind of modes do you require?
1 mode, forward clicky with the possibility of monetary on (like the surefire clicky's)
7) What kind of switch would you like?
Tail cap forward clicky
8) How rugged should it be?
b) Drop it, drive over it, and smack it against concrete while still looking fairly new
9) How long a runtime do you need?
a) At least 2 hours, but more is better. I want the most efficient thing i can get considering brightness and within reason (aka. budget)
10) Do you have a budget for it?
d) I will pay for good quality over cheap, but within reason.

Jamougha

Newly Enlightened
Closest I can think of would be Novatech EDC 120P. I

t has more modes than you want but you can ignore them, and it's not a true forward clickie but it acts like one.

Don't have one though, and don't know about it's spill.

iTorch

Newly Enlightened
Actually the 85T, as opposed to the 120P may suit you better, it has 4 modes (.3, 10, 85 and strobe). Is very strong, is cr123, takes primary rechargable, has circuit and thermal protection, comes with a removabe clip, and is rather small as well...

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Amilite T5 Neo is a very nice light with a spill beam and (2) levels, nicely made Cr123, well-made.....one of the nicest non-customs I own....often carry due to white nice spill beam and dual levels.
click here

150810491-M.jpg

150810521-M.jpg

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a McLuxIII PD-S in Ti or HA-Nat, or a XR19-C that comes with a clicky. These gems are expensive but IMO worth it. Get one and you won't look back.
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a McLuxIII PD-S in Ti or HA-Nat, or a XR19-C that comes with a clicky. These gems are expensive but IMO worth it. Get one and you won't look back.
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

They are indeed attractive and solid looking. I hope one day for my budget threshold to reach that level. :D

Incidentally, I'm rather confused about the "elite" custom flashlight group... I can't quite get all of the maker names straight and what members are the actual sources. McLux, McGizmo, Aleph, Spy, etc... Is there a consolidated posting somewhere about this? The CPF search keeps crapping out on me.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I totally agree with Jumpstat, awesome lights. (oh and if you want to seem some crazy pics of these jems, just look at his sig link;))

Mayo

However I'd second for a NovaTac 85P

Lumenz

Enlightened
I have a NovaTac 120P so I definitely recommend getting a NovaTac, regardless of which model. Even though you mention you only need a single level of output, you will find times when you need either more or less. Getting a multi-stage light will make sure you have the right level of light for the right environment. And the light is built to last.

defusion

Enlightened
I sure like all of those custom one's, but i think surefire/HDS pricing is about as high as i'm willing to go. say about $150 budget.
Currently it's either going to be a surefire L1 or the HDS/Novatec 85 or 120.

And though i really like surefire, the HDS/Novatec seems like a better choice.

I still have about a month to go until i get a new paycheck, so a month to find something even better. Any suggestions are ofcourse still welcome.

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if it meets the lumens requirements, and a little more expensive, but otherwise sounds like an Aleph McClickie-Mule might just do it? No personal experience with these lights, but word here on the forums are they are perfect for indoor general task lighting. Can someone with more insight help with the lumens detail?