Want to see some emitter close up images ??

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys I was fooling around today with my camera and some filters and made an attempt to image the core of an emitter.
The top image is a Cree the bottom is a Nichia 083.
The nichia looks a lot more interesting to me.
One thing I notice about the Cree is that even though there is a lot of phosphor visible in the emitter only the the pads seem to light up
The Nichia emitter has visible micro thin wires which become clear when viewed with a 10X Lupe.
What we are looking at when we look into an emitter is a really really tiny little spot.
I am amazed at the size.

My problem in attempting to image this is that they are just too bright. so I filtered them that is why they have a strange tint to the images Please ignore the color. I probably should have just made them B and W images to escape confusion.

I have become quite interested in close up images of emitters. I remember when NEWBY used to do this and I wondered how he did it. You know he had that fancy lab so I figured I would never be able to do it. I talked myself right out of it. As it turns out it is pretty easy.
One other thing. If you look at the Cree image you will notice a ring. Yes it is faint. but when looking at these emitters while on the ring is very visible. I am quite sure this is the Ring which we all see and which has caused so many to argue it's source. IMHO and I said this at the start the ring is definitely an image of the aluminum ring reflecting light from the emitter.

Anyway I have had some fun doing this and plan to shoot some more led images I will shoot one of a LUX V and LUX III emitters.
If you happen to have an emitter and want it imaged feel free to contact me via PM and we can make an arrangement or I will give you exact details about how I did it.
Yaesumofo

creecremalljpg.jpg

nichia083crsmjpg.jpg