LED lenser V2

tee

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this had been done to death but I can not get the search function to work.

Does anybody know what emitter this uses and an estimated lumen output?

Thanks

Tee

stevoman

Newly Enlightened
I think they all use a 1.25 Watt emitter, and the company refuse to say who provides it. They do tend to vaguely claim that it's the equivalent of a 3W due to clever lensing

As for brightness, I think it depends which version you get.

IIRC the standard police tech focus (hocus focus) was rated at about 60 lumens, whereas the 2AA V2 Focus is about 45 lumens.

I would expect that all the 3AAA lights work out similar to the hocus focus, and all the 2AA lights similar to the V2 focus.

There's limited info around on these lights, as the manufacturers seem to be cagey about it.

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typically these have a Luxeon emitter. Most likely a Lux I, although some models may have a Lux III. There are some new models coming out that use Crees.

Which model # were you wondering about? There are many different ones that have V2 in their designation... V2 Tac Torch, V2 Focusing, V2 Giga Chip, V2 Triplex, etc.

stevoman

Newly Enlightened
I have the V2 Focus, and it's bright enough for pretty much all indoor use, and most general purpose outdoor use (fairly comfortably up to about 30m, although it depends on your lighting requirements, naturally).

I'm just beginning to wonder if it can be upgraded, but I suspect that it would need additional circuitry to support a 3W LED from 2 AAs...

stevoman

Newly Enlightened
Well I only spent £10 on it, which seems to be about a third of the RRP here, so it was a bargain IMO. Getting unfashionable lights on auction does have some benefits :)

Not sure I'd go for it at full price though. Same can be said for the Fenix, even though I'm sure it's a better light.