Apologize, explanations and regarding future GB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello loyal Barbolight users.

This company in just three years has growed from a few dozens of lights made in my kitchen, to many models made in thousands, and many cooperations with other research projects and that takes too much time. Unfortunately the factory was really small and there was no room to hire more people, so the overload was impressive. 12-14 hours 6-7 days a week can be done for a few months, maybe a couple of years, but after that you get ill. Now we have relocated to a new factory, but again hiring more people takes time, and there are not over there too much engineers into LED lighting or flashlights, so even if you find the right person it takes many months to teach them about all the technology that many flashaholics know as ABC.

I do GB's from time to time not to earn any money, but to sell the lights to people I like, to know your opinions, and because many of you ask me to do so... but sincerely I can not be over it as much as I would like when I have to go to Madrid, to Paris to a show or I'm triying to develope a lighting system for an H&K G36 that would be made in thousands to ensure the future of the company. I'm not 100% owner of the company, and my partners will hung me if they know I'm not dedicating time and effort to get bigger projects because I'm involved on a GB. And of course as company CEO I can't do it because my main responsibility is to make the company strong and viable.

One of the worse things is that I take care personally of the payments, shipping, QC and CS on this GB's. Some preffer bank transfer, some other Paypal, a lot of people have questions.... The reason I like to take care of everything of CPF GB's because they are so special for me that I like to do it that way.
Most of the distributors who buy from us have their goods in 24-72 hours, because here at the factory there is a system, a procedure, and people to do it that way.

Sincerely sorry for the delay and the no communication, but I need to reconsider to keep on with the GB's, at least the way they are being done right now, as I do it because I like CPF community, and CPF community will end up detesting me because of the GB's. That doesn't help my health, the image of the company, or even the economic results.

I have been thinking about new ways to keep with the objective of the GB's, which is in fact to get the first batch of any light and a very reduced price to people on CPF.

I have thought that each time I have a new light to send 10-20 of them to a guy in USA with no charge and he can sell them and when it is finished to send me the money (same case to a an amaterur-distributor in Europe).

of course I'm open to your suggestions, and would like to have them.

I think they are not manufacturers which are focused to get and sell big productions who take the time and effort of doing GB's, and I suppose it is because the production system and the structure of the company are not propperly designed to do it. I don't want to mean that it is a excuse but please consider it as extenuating circunstances.

Javier

Last edited:

EKU

Newly Enlightened
Hello Javier,

thanks for explanations.

It's always nice to read about your new flashlights. No dealer can give us this information like you do it for the CPF community. It would be a pity if there were no more …

I'm sure the CPF community is not a big market for you but selling a limited number of flashlights here is worldwide advertising for your flashlights and may be it open new or bigger markets.

Make it easy, find clear conditions for your selling thread (make Interest list and not order list, only a limited number, only paypal, no pm, no emails to the company, payment only, when the lights are ready for shipping and you have enough time to do it, tell us time we have to wait … ...)

You have to make a decision whats good for you and for the company. Good luck!

Regards,
Dietmar

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Thanks for your words, Javier.
I understand, that it takes some time to take care of each individual in the groupbuys, a lot more time than in standard-business.
I will highly regret, if your groupbuys would disappear from CPF, this would be a loss. (Seems, like I love your flashlights :naughty: )

Dietmar's suggestion is a possible solution. I hope, you (or we all here) find a solution, which is good for both sides and keeps the Barbolight-group-buys alive!

greetings
Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you.

Yes, I'm sure there are better ways to do it, and if it is possible to keep with them doing it more efficient it would be perfect.

Javier

flashgreenie

Enlightened
I personally would be very sad not see another GB from you, Javier... :sigh:
If you need help with future GB, let me know. I would be happy to help out. ;)

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you... but unless I can find a better way to make them I do preffer to keep good relationshio with you than selling a few. Probably in this Show I will be able to have a distribution agreement and they could be able to do the GB's with a special discount.

Javier

greenLED

Flashaholic
Javier - you don't have to coordinate a GB. If somebody's interested, *they* can deal with the logistics, payments, addresses, etc. All you'd get is an order for XYZ, which you deliver to the coordinator. Then it's up to them to redistribute the goods. At least that's been my experience with other GB's.

My 0.02 lumens. - Good to know your company is growing so much. Best luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.