Help with Flupic

donn_

Flashaholic
I just got my first Flupic light (HD45 twisty), and I'm having a bit of trouble figuring it out. I don't know what version it is, but it's expected to be 2.?.

I've looked at the flow-chart, and my light doesn't seem to be responding as if it's in any of the modes. It starts at low, then higher, then strobe then what appears to be a slow beacon.

Is there a trick to forcing the light into a certain mode? After that is done, how does one set the user-settable levels.

Any help appreciated.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have a version 2.2 Flupic and it's in mode 2 or 3. 7 fast on-offs will get you to the set brightness point for both of the adjustable User Brightness settings. The flashlight will flash once and then ramp up through the 10 brightness levels. Turning the light off while the flashlight is ramping through the levels locks in the User Brightness setting at the whatever of the 1 to 10 brightnesses it was at when you turned it off. If you do nothing the flashlight will move on to adjustable User Brightness setting #2 and it will flash twice and then ramp up through the 10 brighness levels.
You might want to get a feel for how fast the Flupic ramps through the brightness levels by observing this process first before locking in a brightness level.

donn_

Flashaholic
Thanks, LumenHound. The 7 fast on-offs was the trick I was looking for. Now I can set the two levels, and then switch the light back to mode 1, with no strobe or SOS.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds like the probs I had at the beginning.
I'd say: print the flow-charts out and play around with the light while looking at the chart, You will get into the UI very quick.

... think its the best multimode Li-Ion driver available