Is your 4TH gen VB-16 still working normal ?

big beam

Enlightened
I love this light.Any 18650 fits,fit and finish is perfect.bright,good beam and so on BUT,one of the buttons to make the light brighter doesn't work all the time any more.When it does work it tends to skip modes.I tried to clean all the contacts but to no avail.Has anyone been able to take it apart to get to the driver board?I think I need HELP.
Your:(flashaholic
DON

LA OZ

Enlightened
I have this torch's brightness button malfunction on arrival. I returned it for a new one. It took two months to get a replacement from DX :thumbsdow. I otherwise love it.

big beam

Enlightened
Geez I didn't want to hear that.I just ordered one from DX last night but this one is from Waion(4 TH gen).

DON

big beam

Enlightened
Here's a new twist.While playing with the VB-16 today I found something very interesting.If I put it on a heat duct and let it warm up to about 90F it works perfect.BUT as soon as it cools down the light goes back to it's old tricks,Button up switch stops working.:duh2::thinking:
DON

Last edited:

Confederate

Enlightened
I'd go easy on those buttons. If you're pushing the buttons once each time you want a new mode, you might have problems. I just press the buttons on mine and hold them until it gets to the brightness I want.

The finish on mine is okay, but I have some streaking. It's pretty scuff resistant and I like the light. It's listed as a Q5, but doesn't seem to output quite that much.

big beam

Enlightened
I don't use the buttons that much.It's my nightstand light and I keep it on level 2(so I can see which cat is fighting with who)!
DON

frank777

Enlightened
I have used mine quite frequently, and it is working just fine. It is a 4th generation that I bought from Waion. I purchased a second one from DX and the quality was terrible, so I gave the light away. Although the two flashlights looked the same, and functioned [almost] the same, the difference in quality was enough to make them two completely different flashlights.