Trusty Fenix LOD has died :-(

Alan F

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anybody has got any suggestions. I turned my LOD on last night and it was very dim, about half the usual low setting. Within in a couple of minutes it just faded away and has not been seen since. I've tried new batteries but it's as dead as a doornail. It's only about two years old and has had light use only, living in my pocket.
I'm missing it already! Any ideas?
Alan.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
From where did you buy it? Fenix-store and lighthound for example have great service and might replace the light if you send it back.

Did you use 10440-batteries in it?
Or maybe someone else chimes on how to fix it yourself.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had exactly the same problem with my P1 CE but it was only one week old so I got it replaced. In your case I am afraid you have to buy a new one. :(

It is true that Fenix offer a lifetime warranty on parts but I wonder whether it is worthwhile to send it to China. You can try and contact the vendor. :thinking:

On the bright side you have to consider that if you buy a new one the current type is much more powerful. :cool:

Alan F

Newly Enlightened
It's only ever had Duracells in it. I bought it from glowgadgets.com in the UK. I saw the warranty but did wonder by the time I'd paid for parts and delivery whether it would be worth it. Suppose I'll just have to buy the new 75 lumen version - damn nuisance :)
Alan.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had exactly the same problem with my P1 CE but it was only one week old so I got it replaced. In your case I am afraid you have to buy a new one. :(

It is true that Fenix offer a lifetime warranty on parts but I wonder whether it is worthwhile to send it to China. You can try and contact the vendor. :thinking:

On the bright side you have to consider that if you buy a new one the current type is much more powerful. :cool:

Yep, sending it to Fenix wont do much good. It's some of our dealers that goes out of their way to please their customers that are the ones that really stands behind Fenix products. I had very good experiences on that front with lighthound that replaced a 2year old suddenly dead L2P. Even though it had been through a lot of abuse, and survived multiple instances of abuse that shouldnt be covered by the warranty(so any of those situations could have been behind the reason that my light died later), they replaced my light (or rather the head). Heard a lot of similar stories about fenix-store too, so it doesn't hurt to contact your dealer.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest not going though the hassle, and just getting a new one. :D
wonder what happend though, sounds like the LED died.

Crenshaw

cal..45

Enlightened
alan,

the same happend to my L2D a couple weeks back. its just a guess but maybe your tail switch has become loose and therefore don't make any contact. does it make a ratteling noise when you unscrew the tailcap? even if it doesn't you should dissasamble it, clean it, lube it and reassamble it. its no big deal but maybe solve the problem and won't make it necessary to send the light to service.

regards, holger

[edit] don't mind about what I just wrote, I completely forgot the L0D has no tailswitch at all....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was a battery put in backwards by any chance? Does the LED glow at all when turned on?

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds like the same behaviour from my L2D-CE when I accidentally put the batteries in backwards!

To be honest, as it's 2 years old I doubt you'll be able to get a replacement however the new L0D-CE is well worth the cash.

Alan F

Newly Enlightened
The battery was the correct way and it was working on an old battery anyway. Just have to buy a new version. :twothumbs
Alan.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for pointing out the Lummi Wee NS, I'm going to get one myself I think :)