Making a Flashaholic, the hard way...

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
One of my co-workers just got hit by a drunk driver tonight, his car's totaled (as is the moronic drunk's car, but who cares about her, not me) (he had a '07 Mazda 6), the thing withstood essentially a 100 MPH impact, and he was able to walk away with minor bruising....

the car, it's dead, sadly

He's a little shaken up, but okay, the woman that hit him has no insurance and had to go to the hospital

He's the guy at work that I gave my Fenix P1 to (original Luxeon III)

I'm iChatting with him now, and he had a couple amusing things to say about that little LuxIII P1;

Him; oh and the kickass mini flash light you gave me came in REALLY handly looking for my glasses. thank you!
Me; glad it came in handy, see why I always carry a light on me? you never know when you'll need it
H;lol i keep it in the center cupholder right in reach
M;good place for it, sometime i'll bring in my little emergency light I keep in the center console... an Inova 24/7, a very cool little tool light
H;that little thing is BRIGHT (his Fenix)
M;actually, that Fenix is considered "dim" by today's standards.... believe it or not
H;lol! crazy! it was brighter than the huge light the cops had

Somehow, I think he may have "seen the light" (no pun intended), just too bad it took an accident to get the point across, the important thing is he's okay....

....and may soon start wanting more powerful lights to keep in the new car that the moron that hit him is going to have to buy

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It usually takes something along those lines, though I'd consider this an extreme case. I saw the light when I was caught off guard by a power outage. Not as dangerous a situation, but annoying nonetheless.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm glad your friend is ok.

Maybe you should help him along by swapping the LED in his P1 out for a Seoul or getting him a new Cree/Seoul LED light.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alert, something has indeed happend...:huh:

good thing he wasnt injured...

Crenshaw

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeowza!
Glad to hear your friend is fine. Hopefully the intoxicated lady will be alright as well. And I hope she lays off of the alcohol and doesn't sit behind a steering wheel for a while. :sigh:

New flashaholics discover the light every day. :D

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's about as hard as it gets on how to make a flashaholic. :eek:oo:

Yeowza!
Glad to hear your friend is fine. Hopefully the intoxicated lady will be alright as well. And I hope she lays off of the alcohol and doesn't sit behind a steering wheel for a while. :sigh:

New flashaholics discover the light every day. :D

You are too kind, I wish she's NOT alright and never touch a steering wheel again.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
While I can't afford to buy Stark a M6 (heck, I can't even afford one for myself), or a high-end Magmod, I *CAN* afford to build him a 2C-3 123a "Sleeper" Mag, that should at least whet his appetite for more powerful lights....

I'll build him a 2C-3 123a sleeper and give him a Pelican case of BatteryStation 123a's