Cabela's XPG reverse clicky to forward clicky.

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
Howdy folks,
Picked up a couple of these lights (light and knife sale) and would like to change the tail cap clicky to fwd. clicky. Any reasonable and easy way to do it?

Thanks,
Pat

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I got one from them too...decent SF6P clone, but I still prefer the Solarforce L2 as the best 6P clone. I looked at the tailcap and I don't think there's an easy way to change out the switch in it. You're probably better off just buying a forward clicky tailcap...and since the Cabela XPG is SF C Series compatible, there's a boatload of parts out there. Lighthound has a Leef McClicky scalloped tailcap that'll work...it's $35 though, but an excellent tailcap...you can also add a Leefgrip for that "tactical" look and functionality.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2638

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2512

Or you could save a few bucks and get a Solarforce forward Clicky:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Click-On-Lock-O...ryZ16037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So now that you got in cheap on a 6P-type SFC flashlight, the mods/upgrades can get costly...but it's a great format to work with! :thumbsup:

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Like you said, it's not a bad platform to start from and with the light & knife costing 19.95, the platform cost is reasonable. I'll order one of the forward clicky tailcaps and go from there.

Thanks again,
Pat

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, thanks very much for the useful info! I can second the opinion that the Cabela's 6P clone is very well made and sturdy.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's CPF member Strauss's Surefire 6P with Leef McClicky Tailcap, Leef Grip and Stainless Steel strike bezeled head:

6p_3.jpg

I really like the tactical look and functionality the Leef Grip gives a 6P (or 6P clone) flashlight...coupled with a forward clicky tailcap, works well and easily allows for the "cigar" grip/hold of the flashlight. I did the same thing to my SF6P, except I only went for the black head with Stainless Steel Strike Bezel.

mhubble

Enlightened
I got a couple of these lights also. Tried a few of the forward clickies and here is what I found. I first got one of the leaf scalloped tailcaps from lighthound. Excellent tailcap. I had to tighten up the switch after I got it but after that it works perfect. But honestly 35.00 plus shipping I would just as soon get a surefire z59. A little more money but it is the best of the ones I tried. I also got one of the "click on lock out" tailscaps from ebay. 27.00 shipped. It works fine but for me its wayyyyy to sensitive. I tried taking in out to see if theres anything I could do but its glued or soldered in. Wouldnt budge. I also bought a stike bexel from ebay which was 17.00 shipped. Worked fine. Nice bezel for the money. After figuring the cost of switches and led dropins and strike bezels I finally just bit the bullet and bought a SUREFIRE 6P DEFENDER.