KL3-KL5-KL6 On M6 Body Pics

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just another Surefire lego Combo I discovered while messing around. It looks kinda funny.
I had to remove the stock SF C-M adaptor, but it works...

KL3

KL3010.jpg

KL3008.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: KL3 On M6 Body Pics

I have no idea what runtime would be.

I put my KL5 on it as well. It looks interesting....

I'll post some pics with the KL5, KL2, KL6 later today, I gotta get some sleep

Lightingguy321

Enlightened

From what I have heard, the M6+KL3 combo is bright, but not very efficient and the KL3 will heat up in a hurry. Any other KLx heads that fit on it? (maybe the KL9 when it comes out?)

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

KL5? As in the boost circuit, lux5 KL5?
I don't recommend running it too long (or at all) on a 9V M6 powerpack.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of those set-ups seem to work for me :shrug: I would have to go with an LED tower module if I really wanted an LED option for an M6...because to me all three of those set-ups are fugly :eek:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KL6 can be used on the M6 if that's what you want to do.

The fact that you have to modify (dismantle) the KL5 in order for it to fit on the M6 would indicate that SureFire didn't have this combination in mind, at all, when they designed the KL5.

Dismantle the KL5 at your own risk.
Power it using the M6 body at your own risk.

It's not a combination I've cared to try out.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic

Surefire lists it as a replacement head for the 9V C and P series lights, so it'll work fine.
The KL5 may be able to handle three-SF123A's in series, although it goes into like an overdrive until the excess power is drained out of the batteries.

The M6's additional three-SF123A's in parallel is a whole lot more powerful. I would not expect the KL5 to 'work fine'.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

If the voltage is the same, why would having three additional SF primaries in parallel make it "a whole lot more powerful"?

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because the current drain is halved for each stack of 3 cells and therefore, there would be much less of a voltage sag under load.
The short story is that the led will see a higher voltage and won't likely survive long.

The KL5 has a boost circuit IIRC since it is supposed to run on 6V. At 9V, the light is likely in direct drive and while luxVs can certainly handle 9V overdrive with decent heatsinking (space needle2), it's going to shorten the life of the led by a substantial amount.

Edit: The KL3 and KL6 can handle the M6 powerpack with no problem.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually think it looks good.

It opens new doors for mods or for running stock heads on custom packs using 3 18650s or 17670s for extra runtimes.

Illum

Flashaholic
I actually think it looks good.

It opens new doors for mods or for running stock heads on custom packs using 3 18650s or 17670s for extra runtimes.
well, theres no way to fit 3x18650s in the M6, but 3x17670 in parallel might give unprecedented runtime to the M6 running on LEDs:party: