Tiablo (M)A1 - Luxeon Rebel 100 AAA

cv3po

Banned

So this new (M) model seems to be a two stage light?
"
Step up and down constant current driver. High efficiency with dual mode DC-DC regulator (PWM / PFM), working voltage is 0.7V to 4.2V
Two stage output: maximum output about 100 Lumens for 3 hours
Low output about 30 lumens for 8 hours "

Hmmm, that makes it much more useful IMO. They have also upped the voltage limit from 2.7V to 4.2V? If this is correct then 10440's are good to go..........and with a low level even they would get decent runtime

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Wouldn't LF2X be a better a choice? You should compare the pictures, specs and the review of Fenix, LiteFlux and Tiablo.

The LiteFlux looks *stunning*. If your budget is $45 for Tiablo, please increase it to $60 and go for LiteFlux.

For me, I am (somewhat) OK with $15 KD buckle for an AAA light, so I am still resisting the LiteFlux but I may break down any second :)

- Vikas

CandleFranky

Enlightened
Wouldn't LF2X be a better a choice? You should compare the pictures, specs and the review of Fenix, LiteFlux and Tiablo. The LiteFlux looks *stunning*. If your budget is $45 for Tiablo, please increase it to $60 and go for LiteFlux.
Why do people love this LiteFlux thing? The glossy look of this flashlight looks cheap. And despite the fact that it uses a Q5 bin, the LiteFlux isn't very bright. I didn't mention the worse runtime ... :whistle:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
This new MA1 Tiablo looks to be the light that the original A1 should have been. I'll look forward to reading some reviews and seeing some beam shots of this one. Thanks for bringing it to our attention CandleFranky.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone can confirm it is about twice as bright as the first A1 I maybe interested.

Flashlight Output and Runtime: 110 Lumens, 80 minutes to 50% output

They claimed that with the first A1, turns out it was more like 40 lumens out the front, maybe 50-60 emitter lumens.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone can confirm it is about twice as bright as the first A1 I maybe interested.

Flashlight Output and Runtime: 110 Lumens, 80 minutes to 50% output

They claimed that with the first A1, turns out it was more like 40 lumens out the front, maybe 50-60 emitter lumens.

Wade,

I think all they did was add a lower mode making the MA1 a two stage. I believe the max output is the same. Also the MA1 is black. If it is brighter I will be interested also.

Bill

cv3po

Banned
I passed on the A1 and I'm going to pass on the MA1. It sounds good if they upped the current a bit AND got some more efficient driver circuits. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go hug my EDC...........the LOD