18650 thrower modding

mighty82

Enlightened
Hello. I live on a farm and I have a few lights, fenix l0d l2d l1d p2d and some led lensers, but I need something with a great output and throw so that i can really see whats going on at a distance.

Of course I could get a tiablo a9/a8 or something like that, but I don't want to spend too much money on this, and I like modding stuff myself. So what I am really wondering is, what board size fits most of the 18650 lights?

I was thinking of buying the ultrafire c3, and swap the driver for one of those 1200 or 1400ma boards. I don't care so much about runtime. This will be used for spotting escaped animals or predators attacking my poor cats. :eek:

I have searched my *** off, but I can't seem to find out what diameter board that will fit into the c3 or other similar flashlights. I se most boards on dx and kaidomain are 17mm.

Soo, do anyone have an idea what driver i could use? And please make suggestions on different flashlights too.

Sorry about my bad english Thanks

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Lumapower M1 old style modified with a 7135 board (1amp) / Q5 Led and an aspheric lens for very very long throw.

AlexGT