120 hours of continuous light?

snewbie

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for some kind of light that will last at least 120 hours of continuous light and must be battery powered.

I have tried these cheap Bell and Howell LED stick-em 3-AAA lights for cabinets, etc, but they look to be almost dead after 48 hours.

There's got to be better.

Thanks.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What battery will you be using?

With a current gen LED, you should be able to get around 10 lumen constant output for around 120 hours out of a D cell(then a long period of declining output). The Fenix L2D-CE Q5 gives around 60 hours of regulated output at low mode, which is around 15 lumen out the front.

:welcome:

snewbie

Newly Enlightened
Any battery with in reason will do. I just need more than 60 hours of continuous runtime.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
One of the many possibilities that should be easy to find is an Energizer Folding Lantern. It runs on 4 AA batteries. These used to be found at Target for around $6. Nice little utility light.

Geoff

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
What shape? I'm sure either you or someone here could custom make a light that would deliver 120hrs (5 days) of continuous light.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Snewbie,

Welcome to CPF.

The Energizer folding lantern runs for 130 hours, on low, on 4 AA cells. The EternaLight also has excellent runtimes on the lower settings and it also runs on AA cells. Also, the Milkyspit MC2 runs for around 1400 hours on a pair of CR123 cells.

Tom

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
A Lightwave 3C (or 3D) should do the trick. They are fairly large lights, and run on either 3C or 3D batteries. Waynejitsu is selling one here.

For a smaller light, any of the HDS EDC series lights (the 42, 60, or 85 lumen models) should be able to sustain their (regulated) low output for 300 hours. These lights are absolutely rock solid, but unfortunately, are no longer made. You can probably find them on CPF's Buy/Sell/Trade forums. A newer version is being made and sold, by the same man, here. This light runs for 1 week on low off its single CR123 battery.

Hope this helps!

- FITP

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Energizer WeatherReady 4-D, 8 LED folding lantern claims 1-1/2 months of output for 5 hours per night or 245 hours on its single LED room light.

merlocka

Enlightened

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I can get over 20 hours on my smjled mini maglite, I can only imagine what a 2d maglite would do.