Smallest Multi-LED light?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had long since abandoned multi-LED lights because they were invariably too big for me, and then I learned about a 5.5" 3-CREE flashlight :eek:oo:

Here's the link: http://streichers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Catalog=Flashlights&Prod=ASP-TRIAD

Anybody have this? Is it a real 360 lumens, or am I better off sticking with a Q5 producing a real 220 lumnes?

Most importantly, are there any other 3+ LED lights less than 6 inches long? I'd be interested in anything, as long as it makes good use of those LEDs and puts out 350+ lumens. Any comments, if there are more?

Thank you :)

Illum

Flashaholic
search : "ASP Triad" in the google search box beside your private messages link and start reading.
before you start, some milk and cookies wouldn't hurt, theres a lot of info on the light posted in previous threads:popcorn:

Marduke

Flashaholic
You may want to wait around for a few months to see what surfaces to use the new SSC P7 and Cree 4-die emitters with 700-900 plus lumens

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to wait around for a few months to see what surfaces to use the new SSC P7 and Cree 4-die emitters with 700-900 plus lumens

I'd been thinking along those lines, but thought there may be something out when I saw the triad. By the looks of this thread, I guess I was right the first time... well, 900 lumens it a lot to look forward to :grin2:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I made this myself...:grin2:

3 X Seouls with a Shark running them.

Wow, that's great workmanship :thumbsup:

I wish I could say something knowledgable in reply, but the fact is I know nothing about modding - I've never heard of a Shark (I'm assuming its a driver ;)). I guess what I'm asking is... does the multi-emitter setup really boost performace? Is it noticeably brighter than a CL1H Q5, or malkoff m60, or fenix t1?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Shark is a driver. The throw is not great. It is all FLOOD!
It is a whole different beam than the M60 or T1. Not comparable at all!

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Shark is a driver. The throw is not great. It is all FLOOD!
It is a whole different beam than the M60 or T1. Not comparable at all!

but would you say brighter overall?

lol, I'd expect flood - 3 seouls with no optics, you don't get much floodier than that :)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have anything to measure Lumen output, but I would think it is brighter overall than the T1 ot M60. I really liked the floody beam, but also wanted a hotspot so I dicided to build another head (KL2) to host 4 bare Seouls and a 5th one deep under an Mcr20s reflector.
I doubt this fits th "Small" catagory...

Heres a link:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/191410
017-4.jpg