Introduction

craig333

Newly Enlightened
:DThought I'd introduce myself. Currently working in Security after my printing plant was closed after working there for 21 years, which has rekindled my interest in flashlights.

Not that it ever went away. I've love flashlights as long as I can remember. Most of the first were cheapy little plastic d-cell lights, before alkalines were invented. Either the switch broke, the batteries leaked or the bulb broke, generally before a weeks time. First good light I had was one of those that screwed on a rectangular battery with something like a par36 bulb.

Then I went through the years with a succession of mag lights (even stock those just seem to grow legs) and other unimpressive flashlights.

Finally in recent years things start to improve. I have a rechargeable stinger in the camper. Mag Led (needed soemthing heavy fast, just in case) and of course a handful of mini mags and a barely useful edc led.

Then I find this site. Suddenly I realize not only how pathetic what I have is, but that it doesn't have to be that way. Not that I could really afford it, but I have three new lights on the way.

End of the story? Not likely

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hello Craig333 --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

We will be glad to help you spend yer' hard-earned money. :whistle:

May i suggest you start slowly.

Don't know what items you have soon-to-be arriving,
but once they get here, spend time to evaluate them.

No need to rush-off and buy MORE stuff, until you know what you really want / need.

Beware, Craig, one of the most popular sayings on CPF is:

Can't decide which one to buy ?

Buy Both ! ! ! :devil:

Consider yourself suitably warned.

Oh, BTW, i really like the Mini-Maglites (2AA),
once they've been upgraded with a nice LED drop-in module.

No, not the boring Nite-Ize 3-LED units at Wal-Mart & Target for 5 bucks. :shakehead

There are a couple NICE modules available, which work GREAT !

All in good time. Enjoy yer' stay here.

:wave:
_

Dantor

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF Craig!

Burgess said it good, go slow, read a lot, learn all you can, and your future purchases will be more rewarding; not to mention all the fun you'll have burning the night away ;)

Gunner12

Flashaholic

There are many good LED drop-ins for the maglites(brighter then the MagLED ones). You can also do your first mod and swap the MagLED's Luxeon III for a Seoul for double the output.

Just a question but what lights did you buy?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome Craig!

all what other have said is true, this is a dangerous place to be.

My advice. Buy once, buy quality, and once you have a basic light for work, postpone the decision to buy a new one by 2 weeks. You'll find more info and options here in the meantime and you'll to readjust your choice. I do this all the time saves me money...

Also... good lights to buy are usually the ones that interest persist for that long...(if you care to search older threads MTE SSC and Romisn RC-G2 are such cases).

All the best, Kostas

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Greetings!

I too work in Security. Tell us what your budget is, and what you plan on using your lights for; and we can help.

It's like asking a Supermodel to talk about her favorite outfit. :)